When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Misaligned date on replica DSSD

Rolextom88

Hi All,

Im new to this site so please accept my apologies if this is posted in the wrong forum.

I have recently purchased a replica DSSD for £150 and have noticed the the date is slightly misaligned and not dead center. It also slowly starts to roll over to the next date at about 11pm then snaps onto the correct date at around 12:10am. The other issue is, is that the quick set date function doesn't work. It will flip over the dates nicely for about 4-5 days then stop. I can hear the gears trying to engage but they seem to always slip after a few days.

Is this anything i can do to fix this (with no prior knowledge) or am i just going to have to accept that if you pay £150 for a £7000 watch there might be some slight imperfections.

Attached are some photos.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

Regards

Tom

20160511_174424.jpg

20160511_174412.jpg

20160511_174356.jpg

Hi and welcome. Good You posted some pics. That DSSD is not on the quality level You usually get for a GBP 150 or more rep from the trusted Dealers on here (insert, pearl, dial, engravings are all wrong). It´s a $50 Canal Street level. If You pull the crown and give it one full turn and the time advances +-90 to 100 minutes You will confirm it has the cheap 21j movement inside.

Normally they are quite reliable but I´d suppose it´s just poor assembly judging by the rest of the watch. A replacement movement ($35) would fix the issue but the watch is not worth it (except for training purposes).

No problem at all, You´ve found rwg, look around, read a bit. Once You know Your ways around just get another (better) rep. This one, as said will make for a good (albeit expensive) training watch to open the caseback, release the stem, see how the movement tabs are attached (if it doesn´t have a plastic retaining ring).

Of course Nightwatch is correct but do get discouraged we have all bought a few stinkers in our time some due to inexperience and some due to alcohol !;) Keep reading around there are plenty of nice watches around that price point .I suggest looking at our sales board as most watches very fairly priced as many knowledgeable guys look at it, hard to get a over priced stinker through without getting called out.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies everyone! Ah well like you say we all get slightly ripped off sometimes. I'll take the back off tonight and upload some pics of the movement and no doubt confirm your suspicions that its a cheap 21 jewel movement. The case its self is nice and heavy so if i wanted to replace the dial and movement would it be a complex job? How would i remove the crown from the stem in order to remove the movement. 

Cheers guys

Well here is a pic of a 21j

Chinese CH2813 mechanical movements are automatic with Rolex-style date display

And another

CH2812 mechanical watch movement with Rolex style date display

2813 and 2812 respectively.

Now here is one colored to make look like a Rolex, well sort of..................

They colored the wheel to make it look like a rolex movement. But I ...

in the rep world it gets difficult............forget the clone ETA's they are getting harder to spot unless you really know your movements.

• 1 month later...