When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New AP Diver chrono

I'm liking the design of the new diver chronographs just released. Andrew & Joshua have just released a seiko mecaquartz model for around $US150!!!

Here's Andrew's video; The strap seems to not be so good quality and not matching the lugs so well, and the counter @3:00 does not seem to move.

Does anyone have any thoughts on these?

Trusty Time's AP Diver Chrono video

Here's AP's very cool video release:

9 hours ago, nanoman said:

Not sure about the meta quartz version. Do we know the factory?

BTW, the JF divers are out. They look great.

http://www.ttw8488.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=241_288&products_id=14813

yes, the quartz version actually looks like ka-ka... but this JF factory version ;looks great, but is waaaayyy overpriced!! My god! $568!!! Really Joshua & Andrew??? I mean REALLY???

anyway, here's some eye candy with big giant logos splashed all across the pics of this AMAZINGLY EXPENSIVE rep (someone's gettin' very greedy!!

4.jpg2.jpg1.jpg3.jpg6.jpg5.jpg7.jpg

On 5/14/2016 at 3:25 PM, swdivad said:

yes, the quartz version actually looks like ka-ka... but this JF factory version ;looks great, but is waaaayyy overpriced!! My god! $568!!! Really Joshua & Andrew??? I mean REALLY???

anyway, here's some eye candy with big giant logos splashed all across the pics of this AMAZINGLY EXPENSIVE rep (someone's gettin' very greedy!!

But D, you know you want this... ;)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Legend said:

But D, you know you want this... ;)

Yeah, I do... but hope they come out with the other colors, the blue is a bit more my speed, but the orange is... well... fckin' orange!

Not too bad, but the price is pretty steep. The yellow one is WOW, YELLOW!!! Not sure I could pull that color off, but having said that I've had a bunch of Doxas that are as Orange as Orange  can be, as well as a couple of Yellow versions of the Doxa GMT, so who knows?

Just noticed this is a no date? My question is with the seconds @ 3, is this going to be another problematic movement that has extra plates and gears to move the seconds function from 6 to 3?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, panerai153 said:

Just noticed this is a no date? My question is with the seconds @ 3, is this going to be another problematic movement that has extra plates and gears to move the seconds function from 6 to 3?

Yes the sec@3 reliability would be quite the same as sec@6 or sec@12. 

Guys

Just my 2 cents. For a watch that costs about $600 shipped:

- As P153 mentioned, the movement reliability is questionable.

List of visual flaws or inaccuracies

- hands are wrong

- bezel numbers too large on the rep

- tapisseries and grooves on dial wrong size

- inner bezel markings too close to the edge

- subdial sizes and positioning wrong

- the subdial markings adjacent to each subdial are off

- Watch looks very thick and bulky. Would sit like two stacked hockey pucks on the wrist

- crown guards wrong on case

- real life color accuracy questionable

In brevity, not worth the $600 asking price. They should either resolve the issues above, or price it around $300. The rep is not impressive at all. It would maybe look impressive to an Invicta collector if encountered in a dark alley on a moonless night, 50m away. He might think that its the latest and most awesome AP wannabe. 

It'll be interesting to see if these same flaws carry over to the Blue version, if/when it is released.    

More interesting question:

If we stay away from these, will it send a strong enough message to the TD's and Manufacturers that quality, accuracy and price DO MATTER?   Or are we just a [censored]-hole in the snow of their business?

I'm going to stay away.  The V6 orange strap version of the RO Diver (non-chrono) just came out as well.  It's got it's flaws as well, but it's only $348.  I think for the money it's a better buy.  And yes, I like orange.  Gonna pick it up.

For sure. The base is a 7750. But maybe... Recently they (SWF) released a new jeweled sec@6 for Portuguese... It would be nice if this has been done properly like that. But I am not holding my breathe.....

On 5/19/2016 at 9:50 PM, pcardoza said:

I also see that Ryan has already dropped his price a few ticks, to $528............

and everyone follows suit... J&A are now at $528 also.

Still waaay too much $$ for this. This is a ~$350-400 watch. There's no special materials, no new processes to speak of. 

They're (factories & dealers) just slapping their customers in the face IMO

Not sure why we deserve a $200 increase in price... I suppose the forums are just a small part of their business ;-)

13 hours ago, swdivad said:

and everyone follows suit... J&A are now at $528 also.

Still waaay too much $$ for this. This is a ~$350-400 watch. There's no special materials, no new processes to speak of. 

They're (factories & dealers) just slapping their customers in the face IMO

Not sure why we deserve a $200 increase in price... I suppose the forums are just a small part of their business ;-)

I think the increase in price is partially due to the movement D. 

And of course, the intention to milk as much money from the market as possible during the fevered initial release...

Isn't the gen secs @9?! That's the most solid seconds position if I'm thinking right?!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Gen is sec@3 bro.

Message crafted while riding a leathery juvenile T-Rex and charging toward the horizon.