When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Franken SMP Club

docthor

Great idea. A selection of mine. A mixture of reps and gens. I'm away from home at the moment, so will try and post better pics when I return home. :D

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Boobies are gen and not rep BTW ;)

40 minutes ago, docthor said:

So you actually have four of them? Wow...

Sent from my wooden drums via Tupperware

Ummmmmm. My favourite watches. 

Gen post 2008, gen pre 2008 titanium, rep post 2008 black, rep post 2008 blue, rep pre 2008 blue, rep pre 2008 white, rep post 2008 blue modded - TBA, rep yellow post 2012. That's just the chrono's! 

• 2 weeks later...

Another gen today. This time a Seamaster 2230.50 on leather. As much as I live my 2254 above I sometimes want something with just a little more bling. This does it well - white gold hands and insert. Also has a kind of Yachtmaster look to it with the raised bezel numbers. 

image.jpg

........... Which brings me on to one of my favourite frankens. 

Built by Micky using parts that I'd collected over a few years. Starting with a closed factory case, Micky fitted a ProfSteve double AR crystal and a KeNnY relumed gen dial and hands from a 2230 Seamaster. A PO second hand, bezel and insert complete it for me. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

43 minutes ago, SSTEEL said:

Not to mention the heart, a lovely 2892A2

Sorry Micky, I didn't know which one was fitted, but thank you for adding to it :D

The white dialled chrono should have a stainless insert. It's having one fitted ATM but the blue is beginning to grow on me. :)

Closed factory Seamasters do come up M2M occasionally. Alternatively some people are using the modern Ceramic cases as they have the correctly positioned HEV. Whatever you choose make something unique :)

I like the blue bezel. These things are personal, but the stainless insert never appealed to me. I bought a 2531.80 when they were new and still love it. I'm also wondering about going the other direction to you and fitting a gen smp dial and hands to a PO rep.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sogeha said:

I'm also wondering about going the other direction to you and fitting a gen smp dial and hands to a PO rep.

I like the idea of that. In general, the PO hands never really appealed to me. Certainly not in a special/one off build. However, a SMP dial and (sword?) hands would look very cool. Maybe you should go for it?