When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Miyota 8215 movement fittied inside a rolex sub non date

Rolextom88

Hi all,

Im sure this has been brought up before but i can't find the post anywhere.

So my question is, what do you guys think of the Miyota 8215 movement that would be fitted inside a non date rolex sub. Is it a good movement? 

Its £150 and the watch case is top quality. They also offer a Chinese 3135 for £350 and finally a ETA 2836 decorated as a 3135 movement for £550.

Bare in mind its a non date so will have no issues there which i usually do with reps (not being centred)

Which option would you guys go for?

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Hi, thanks for your reply. I've heard reports that the second hand on thr Miyota 8215 movement will stop moving if its knocked or if you move your wrist quickly?

Would it be easily noticed on the sweeping hand if a movement is beating at 21600 rather than 28000?

Do you guys think its worth the extra £200 to get the ETA clone bairing in mind all other features of the watch are the same?

Thanks

9 hours ago, Rolextom88 said:

Hi, thanks for your reply. I've heard reports that the second hand on thr Miyota 8215 movement will stop moving if its knocked or if you move your wrist quickly?

I myself have built countless 8215 in my watch, have never had this problem!

9 hours ago, Rolextom88 said:

Would it be easily noticed on the sweeping hand if a movement is beating at 21600 rather than 28000?

From someone who knows well with watches, Yes!

Hi, Yes very reliable source. Why do you say that? To cheap? Im 99.9% its as advertised and its not a con.

What sort of prices would you say they should be?

Thanks

Because the best and most expensive one, letting apart the ones from Thomas Caddell and BK builders/modders, is currently the Noob v6s.

Which costs:

358$ with Asian eta (it would my choice): http://www.torobravos.xyz/index.php?route=product/product&keyword=V6s&product_id=2034

And if available (but I would avoid it) 418$ with the Chinese 3135.

The ones with Miyota are from BP factory and cost much less: http://www.torobravos.xyz/index.php?route=product/product&path=39_115&product_id=1943

Those prices you report seem from one of those overpriced scam sites...

17 hours ago, GenTLe said:

Those prices sound suspicious... Are them from one of the Trusted Dealers?

150 pounds is around $217 usd- that doesn't sound too bad to me for a Miyota 8215, and I do like the 8215, but would prefer the 9015 these days for the 28800 bph in a modern sub.

http://www.torobravos.xyz/index.php?route=product/product&path=39_115&product_id=648 

I don't know if the Asian 2836 is the equivalent of the Miyota 8215, but prices are the same

Those other movements are overpriced and not something I'd fool with