When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Noob Yachtmaster 116622 review

I've just received a Noob YM blue dial from GZ.  Frankly, nothing really surprises me other than the nice SEL shape and fitment.  Typical rep quality.  Wrong purple hue on dial, sub par rehaut.  The movement is an Asian rep 2824 as known as the Seagull ST2130.  It does not employ any stamp or marking on the main bridge where gen or majority rep ETA movements do.  The date wheel disappoints me to the max!  Noob decided to use the old style non-textured/raised print DW overlay, that's a big no-no!  I haven't got to remove the bezel ring and look what's inside, to determine if a genuine crystal would fit.  However, the case construction differs from gen or SA3135 cases implies gen/SA/Yuki 3135 may not fit.  The crown stem location is more like a WM9 YM or the current TC run, which is 0.5mm lowered than gen or Sean cases.  I am guessing Noob factory bought a WM9 or TC YM to being with, then throwing some 6 digit YM elements into the process, now presenting to us the so-called 1:1 true to gen super rep we've been waiting for...

I hope the upcoming super SA3135 version will have all the nice gen details were eager to see.  Here's some pics of it...

2.jpg1.jpg

3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg

8.jpg9.jpg

10.jpg11.jpg

2 hours ago, seafoam said:

Thanks for sharing.  I'm on the fence about the platinum dial.  Maybe this short  review pushed me over.  Care to post more photos? The platinum variety looked decent in td's photos.  Not perfect but when has that ever happened ;)  

Your welcome.  According to TDs' pics, the platinum dial looks sharp indeed.  It has a whiter sheen than the previous YM productions, so it's definitely more gen like.  I am also a proud owner of Bert's YM for almost a decade and its still my daily beater!  Every now and then I come across BNIB 16622 gen 950 dials, either sold too quickly or friends forced me to put into their Sean cases.

Nuff said, here's more pics as per request, excuse my apple to orange comparison ;), plus my second JF 116520 hack-subdial mod says hi :)12.jpg13.jpg

14.jpg16.jpg17.jpg18.jpg20.jpg

22.jpg

25.jpg26.jpg29.jpg30.jpg27.jpg

15.jpg

19.jpg

21.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

28.jpg

Thanks for sharing.  I'm on the fence about the platinum dial.  Maybe this short  review pushed me over.  Care to post more photos? The platinum variety looked decent in td's photos.  Not perfect but when has that ever happened  

Here is my Platinum dial Im really impressed how they did it the dial has the exact texture as the gen slate silver without lighting and it start sparkle just like the gen when light is spot on its not like the other rep platy dial with too much sparkles

its perfect!!!!

8be9369d6c9b0e66ba1b98767fb666ff.jpg14f7554f5031588c8b9daf5c67299b04.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 2016/5/29 at 10:12 AM, Gaber said:

Here is my Platinum dial Im really impressed how they did it the dial has the exact texture as the gen slate silver without lighting and it start sparkle just like the gen when light is spot on its not like the other rep platy dial with too much sparkles

its perfect!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks superb! Wear it well buddy!

Edited by 2671
Wrong place