When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Buying First Time Rep - Need Help!

rg98

Hey RWG, 

I'm looking to buy a white face 15400 Audemars Pigeut Royal Oak any day now. So far, I've come across a few sellers who appear to be TD's here. Here are the two options I'm looking at:

http://www.ttw8488.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=241_246&products_id=10977

http://www.intime.co/audemars-piguet/1229-jumbo-15400-swiss-eta-2824-white-41mm-by-bp-maker.html

Which option looks best to you guys (regardless of price difference)? If you have a better suggestion, please let me know! Thanks in advance:)

Yes they are a TD - and if you look at both you posted and compare to mine you will see yours lack movement decoration, it's an easy tell. They are also too fat. The genuine is 9.8mm and the one from PureTime gets you closer to that at 10.5mm - Also don't over pay for something anyone claims is Swiss ETA, it won't be. 

Yes they are a TD - and if you look at both you posted and compare to mine you will see yours lack movement decoration, it's an easy tell. They are also too fat. The genuine is 9.8mm and the one from PureTime gets you closer to that at 10.5mm - Also don't over pay for something anyone claims is Swiss ETA, it won't be. 

https://www.audemarspiguet.com/en/watch-collection/royal-oak/15400ST.OO.1220ST.01

Royal Oak 41mm 15400 SS JF 1:1 Best Edition Blue Dial on SS Bracelet A3120

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 508-Fanatic said:

Thanks for the quick response! A couple things though; firstly, what do you mean by movement decoration? Also, where can I find some reviews on PureTime?

/

Look at the pictures of the movement, the inner workings/mechanism of the watch, compare it with the genuine. Did you see the link and photo I shared? That is what you want and that is what is closest. We are moving away from plain/simple undecorated movements - getting closer to genuine. You sound like you have a lot more research to do - or you could opt to buy the watch I showed you and enjoy it immensely. :) Either way. Good luck.

You want reviews do some more reading and searching on here. 

6 minutes ago, 508-Fanatic said:

Look at the pictures of the movement, the inner workings/mechanism of the watch, compare it with the genuine. Did you see the link and photo I shared? That is what you want and that is what is closest. We are moving away from plain/simple undecorated movements - getting closer to genuine. You sound like you have a lot more research to do - or you could opt to buy the watch I showed you and enjoy it immensely. :) Either way. Good luck.

You want reviews do some more reading and searching on here. 

Thank you for all your help! Really appreciate it. If anyone feels they can one up his offer, feel free to try ;)

6 hours ago, trustywatchguy said:

If you are into for looks, get the new series JF ones with the Miyota decorated movements that are really nice! If you are looking for reliability on movement, go with the Swiss 2824 movement ones from the BP Factory! Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the suggestions! If I am more focused on looks, what am I compromising on the movement side of things? Also, if you could link me to a TD selling these exact watches I'd appreciate it 

All, at least most TDs carry those models, including Intime. Speaking very generally movement decorations are add-ons to a movement that were not there before. Depending how carefully they were executed or not may have a significant impact on the timekeeping, power reserve and reliability of the movement (dirt get´s inside, hole not well drilled, metal residues that fall into the movement, loose decorative plates etc.) This may or may not happen and normally can be cleaned afterwards at extra cost if necessary.

Compare side pictures and top views of the several models.