When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Noob v6s Submariner LV Hulk question...

mule play

Sadly, my LV Hulk has appeared to have died today. It has the sa3135 movement.

Second hand will not move.  Hands, date, crown and stem are all ok. There is a slight clicking and resistance in the neutral position....I not push it to avert any further damage.

Experts....what are my options to get it back in order?

I already emailed Andrew at Trusty to see what he can do.

Second hand will not move.  Hands, date, crown and stem are all ok. There is a slight clicking and resistance in the neutral position....I not push it to avert any further damage.

No use to you but my condolences still. If there were ever a group to find the right answer it's here for sure.

20 minutes ago, mule play said:

So you finally choose the sa3135...thought you changed your order for the a2836 :huh:

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Well, it took a bit but Andrew at TrustyTime came through with the repair on my v6s LV sub. It arrived today via dhl and looks as good as new...perhaps even better as the repair team completed some slight polishing/brushing on the case near the spring bar insertion areas.

It has a fresh sa3135 in it and they sent back the original with sa3135. 

Anyone needs parts for a sa3135? Everthing is perfect except the balance spring which is mangled.

Let me know!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

1 hour ago, Shadow_ said:

did anyone try out the newest v7 hulks? what should i be aware of in the QC?

do v7s get the chance to receive mixed parts like v5-6s?

should i leave a particular note to double check the 3135 perhaps?

I have not purchased a v7 yet.  I was thinking about selling this v6s for $350 or thereabout and getting the v7.  Let me know if you are interested.  Happy to do an M2M sale conus.

I don't think there is a mixing issue with the v7's either.  Andrew @trustywatchguy TrustyTime can help you.  Look for the v7 stock number and he'll set you up.  

My 3135 problem was likely an outlier. Did you see the mainspring pic above?  It simply was mangled by the rotor.  I have never seen this happen on any reps that I have owned.  A fluke. 

What to look for:  Centered pearl/triangle on the 12 with the engraved crown on the rehaut/ look carefully over the bezel numbers...make sure they are even and smooth engravings/solid end link...make sure it's tight against the case/lume supernova paint...make sure it's within the rectangles/circles...no overpaint/date wheel...ask for photos of single and double digits to see how the sit in the cyclops window for centering and alignment.

Those are 5-6 things are the top items I'd scan for.  Others may chime in for additional checks.

20 hours ago, mule play said:

I have not purchased a v7 yet.  I was thinking about selling this v6s for $350 or thereabout and getting the v7.  Let me know if you are interested.  Happy to do an M2M sale conus.

I don't think there is a mixing issue with the v7's either.  Andrew @trustywatchguy TrustyTime can help you.  Look for the v7 stock number and he'll set you up.  

My 3135 problem was likely an outlier. Did you see the mainspring pic above?  It simply was mangled by the rotor.  I have never seen this happen on any reps that I have owned.  A fluke. 

What to look for:  Centered pearl/triangle on the 12 with the engraved crown on the rehaut/ look carefully over the bezel numbers...make sure they are even and smooth engravings/solid end link...make sure it's tight against the case/lume supernova paint...make sure it's within the rectangles/circles...no overpaint/date wheel...ask for photos of single and double digits to see how the sit in the cyclops window for centering and alignment.

Those are 5-6 things are the top items I'd scan for.  Others may chime in for additional checks.

thanks for the hints,

also thanks for the deal but i've already placed the order at @PureTime (http://puretime02.com/submariner-116610-lv-green-ceramic-v7-1-1-noob-best-edition-sa3135.html#) cause i am also not conus 

well only issue i've ever had with rep mvmnts was a swiss eta from eurotimez, rotor unscrew and fell off, all the asians had poor reserve but run solid for years even a 7750 which i abused the chrono function, guess i got lucky.

are there wokky rehauts still around? cause that had been an issue for subs, when i ll get the QC i guess i'll post pics in this thread so you guys can sort me out :inverted:

i just hope the green bezel ceramic is gen-"tone" as well as the dial colour

do you not peel the stickers and barcode off?  

i think it is a keeper.  you are going to scuff it after a week of wear anyway...don't fret the small details like the clasp.

obviously, you are not making this a 'safe queen'.

• 4 weeks later...