When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

anyone know where to get a 127 crystal with correct cyclops position ??

watchguyusa1

Im having problem finding a T127 crystal for my 1680 build that the cyclops is lined up over the date window? its way too far to the right! I have to tilt the watch to the left to read the date? I know the right cyclops position exist as Ive seen 1680's with them, is it only a GEN 127 that will give me the correct position? does anyone here had this issue before?

I use aftmkt 127 crystals from different suppliers and they have been Ok. I have two '1680 Frankenstein' watches, one with a genuine dial and 1570/75 and one with a Yuki dial and 1570/75. Both have aftmkt crystals and both line up over the date correctly with good magnification. Trouble can arise when an Eta movement and 'Eta specific' dial are used with the date window not in the correct (oem rolex) location and the date wheel made to match...this will make the date too far to the right. The fix calls for an 'open 6/9' date wheel overlay and rolex spec dial...or a crystal without a magnifier.

Otoh, if the magnifier on the crystal is too far to the right and your dial/dw are 'oem rolex specific'...you may have a oem spec dial/dw combo and 'Eta specific' crystal.   Whew!

Most of the oem spec aftmkt crystals are pretty good when they are from well known supply houses and I have always had good luck with GS brand crystals. The rolex crystal p/n is 25-127 but if it was me, I would not spend the $$ on one for a project watch.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/27/2016 at 3:43 PM, alligoat said:

Ofrei has a Sternkruz crystal- you can see where the cyclops is closer to the center than on the 125 which is for a Tudor eta

http://www.ofrei.com/page419.html

XS 303.430

Ok guys I wanted to update this thread ,The Crystal that Alligoat mentioned above is absolutely PERFECT ! The Sternkruz XS 303.430 has the correct cyclops position right over the date window and the magnification looks DEAD ON when compared to the gen 1680 pics that I could find, I also ordered the Clarks and it was way too far to the right, so maybe you guys who got ones from Clark that were good maybe from a different batch? 

IMAG3266.jpg

• 11 months later...

Sorry for digging up this thread. I have JKF (cartel) 1680 and the Sternkreuz xs 303.430 crystal. The look of the crystal is perfect but for some reason it is a bit loose on the case. Did you have this problem?

On 6/8/2016 at 10:05 AM, watchguyusa1 said:

Ok guys I wanted to update this thread ,The Crystal that Alligoat mentioned above is absolutely PERFECT ! The Sternkruz XS 303.430 has the correct cyclops position right over the date window and the magnification looks DEAD ON when compared to the gen 1680 pics that I could find, I also ordered the Clarks and it was way too far to the right, so maybe you guys who got ones from Clark that were good maybe from a different batch? 

IMAG3266.jpg