When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

1675 GMT

Paneraibob

Just a little modding?...huh...case shape is wrong, cg shape is wrong, cb is wrong, lug holes have to be redrilled...plus the aging...and I bet the crown size is wrong too and according to the pics I'd say the DW is also wrong...

I mean...yes...129$ is a good price but one has to spend pretty much time and/or money to get it at least acceptable (in my eyes).

But the good point is it doesn't say "date" on the dial :D

38 minutes ago, docthor said:

Just a little modding?...huh...case shape is wrong, cg shape is wrong, cb is wrong, lug holes have to be redrilled...plus the aging...and I bet the crown size is wrong too and according to the pics I'd say the DW is also wrong...

I mean...yes...129$ is a good price but one has to spend pretty much time and/or money to get it at least acceptable (in my eyes).

But the good point is it doesn't say "date" on the dial :D

Got to Agree I'm afraid. I have been talking to the Cartel boys to see if they can finally offer a 1675/1655 that resembles the gen. You can use the existing cartel 1655 case but you will need to remove a lot of metal to get the CG's remotely close to the gen. 

• Like 1

Yes what he said... its pretty bad. It looks the same as the one Josh was selling a year or so ago. It was so poor I just threw it in the parts box and it hasn't seen the light of day since. A WASTE OF YOUR MONEY. DONT DO IT.

6 hours ago, denimhead said:

Got to Agree I'm afraid. I have been talking to the Cartel boys to see if they can finally offer a 1675/1655 that resembles the gen. You can use the existing cartel 1655 case but you will need to remove a lot of metal to get the CG's remotely close to the gen. 

Good work Denimhead. I would be all over a 1675 if they produce something that at least has the potential to be acurate. In fact acurate vintage Rolex cases in general would be welcome. 

image.png

It would be too much work to even try to mill the case properly. not to mention replacing almost all the visible parts would be required. might as well buy a different watch. the sum of all this incorrectness and the desire for a nice 1675 has got a lot of people blinded into jumping at these.

I can't keep track of all the poor offerings anymore. I've completely given up on anything 1675 related.

This is not meant as a criticism of anyone who has bought them and then spent loads of money modding them, but even after dumping tons of man hours of labor and loads of cash into it, they still look like replicas. It is putting lipstick on a pig, plain and simple. You just cannot accurately recreate those distinctive 1675 crown guards with any of these cheap replicas. Stick to the 3 hand vintage pieces until someone comes out with a great case.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

agree, the 1675 continues to be  an elusive model.

I'd only suggest that watch if you were happy with the way it looked already....but if you desire the details and want it to "LOOK" gen, it won't get there.

AS others mentioned it needs too much work...in addition the bezel assembly is wrong and the hands look terrible, the hour hand is atrophic and the lume color isn't even close to the dial.

one I built awhile ago, gave it to my dad.

Next one I'll just buy gen.

NV4lNuU.jpg