When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

RWG awards announcement

Legend

Dear valued members of RWG

We would be launching some awards for deserving members of RWG. Some of these awards are given annually, and some would be given as and when recognition is earned. The awards may be displayed somewhere on the winner's profile, we are still working it out. Also, the winners in some categories would be decided by polls, and some decided by members of the staff. We are also working out possible prizes for the award winners.

Let us have a look at them in brief:

Annual awards

1. RWG member of the year 

Given to the most outstanding member of the community. Nominations and the eventual winners would be decided by members of the community, through a shortlist and poll process. The voters might also stand a chance to win prizes at the Member of the Year raffle (participants have to first nominate/vote at the event)

2. RWG rookie of the year

Given to the best rookie. The shortlisting and judging process would be similar to the member of the year winner.

3. RWG crew member of the year

Given to the best moderator as decided by the community. 

4. RWG rep watch of the year

Self explanatory, same shortlist and judging process by the community

5. RWG dealer of the year

Decided by the community as usual. :)

6. Watch modder of the year

Vote for your favorite watch modder/repair smith and stand to win prizes. :)

Event specific awards

These awards are given out as and when they are recognized. There could be prizes and accolades attached to some of the awards. We are still working this out. 

1. RWG Excellent watch review award

This award could be given to the reviewer of any watch for an in-depth, brilliant, knowledgeable or outstanding review post. The RWG crew would confer this award as and when outstanding effort is recognized.

2. RWG Outstanding member award

This award would be conferred upon a member who has contributed significantly in one way or another to the community, gone to great lengths to assist or support a worthy cause, or another member, or has been exemplary in conduct or contributions for the rest of the community.

3. RWG valued veteran member award

This award recognizes the contributions of long-time members who have been around, stays around, and makes useful contributions to the community. 

**New lounge in the community

We have the paying VIP groups in RWG, and now, we would be launching the RWG Elites Lounge. This lounge access is given only to trusted and proven member of RWG regardless of membership subscriber status. What lies within? Well... there is only one way to find out. Lounge access is by invitation ONLY.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, nikki6 said:

I'd like to point out that I'm a total [censored] (top mod award)

To those who don't vote for me!! emoji85.pngemoji90.png

Sorry, it's censored. I'm scratching myself head, and yellow ranger doesn't fit!

These are rewards and recognition for participation in the forum. We are trying to encourage members to get involved, write reviews, post photos, ask questions and stimulate conversations.

And to all you new folks, especially those of you who are just getting your feet wet in reps, I believe that you will find this forum as a whole, the most helpful and certainly the most tolerant to new members. We welcome all of you folks who are just "looking around" trying to find a home as well as all of the older members who have been around for a while.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great idea. This will be a blast.

Very much agree with Paneria153, I spend a lot of time on several forums and this is by far the most welcoming and tolerant forum I have seen. Great bunch of guys here and no drama...

Have not been that active of late but I am planning out another vintage build.