When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hi from "old timers"

Admin

I realize that a lot of members are no longer into the replica scene, but before they used to be very active members on the forums. So if you by any chance drop by on our "activity day", stop by in this thread and say hi, so that we know you are still alive ;)

I can't remember the last time I logged in. But if I were to guess, well over a year ago and maybe closer to two years.  Just went cold turkey, got busy with other things, kind of felt guilty for indulging in buying watches that I couldn't possibly wear often enough...

And, a few of them have stopped working. Plus, I now work from home almost constantly so less of a need to "dress up".

Would be a real treat to hear from more of the older members. Even if you aren't into reps now, or have cut back your collection and /or your forum visiting time,drop in and visit. We need you all back!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A few years ago I got sick, got divorced and moved to Mexico.  I heard that customs here is brutal, so I stopped playing with reps.  I actually bought myself an iWatch, and I like it.  I like it because it alerts me to messages and emails, which otherwise I would miss.  It also allows me to control my music from my watch!  

One day we were having a party and I was able to crank up the volume, change songs etc, right from my wrist.  I impressed the [censored] out of everybody.

I still have a couple reps left.  Since I won't ever wear a tie again, I feel overdressed with my reps, besides it's not a good idea to appear to have a valuable watch in these parts. 

Still alive and kicking! Narrowed down my rep collection to a few essential "best updated and ultimate V2 N-factory" pieces , which all look very gen-like but at the same time took out all the fun of hunting for the most accurate spare parts to build the best version yourself. So sometimes I browse the RWG timeline, but it doesn't make my heart beat faster as back in the days...

I think I hit that point myself scoobs, a long time back too, however I still love the forum it doesn't need to excite me anymore because it just feels comfortable like home.

I hope that we can bring you and the rest of the members today and onwards is interest value items, even pleasant read material.

Ken

• Like 1

I got stuck on the old site and I can't get back, so I thought 'ya ol left me.....If not for MOB's message on my email, I thought it was over.....jeeeezzzz. Good to see some old farts here. Nikki, Dude, so happy to 

know your still alive. How's Dad?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Mike on a bike said:

Hiker but some things never change , my pics still stink!! :partytime:

What??? Noooooo, after all these years? What happened to the Idiots Guide I told you to get? No matter, you're still cool in my book, fuzzy shots and all!;)

2 minutes ago, Mike on a bike said:

Well maybe a bit better but next to most of the guys here still lacking , bought a light box, different cameras ..........pics ain't my thing I guess.

:)....You'll eventually master it. Just focus and re-focus and shot a hundred and pick-up the best and dump the rest.....should work.

Damn... I have to re-orient myself to this new place....It's good to know that you're all still here. I don't know what happened??? One day I wasn't able to get

it and I've been clicking everyday, but nada! I must have not gotten the notice that the site name had change, oh well. Just happy to be back.

Hiker, good to see you back sir. We need your fantastic photos!!

How have you been? Any interesting mountaineering trips since you last checked in?

by-tor, The Zigmeister, ronin where are all you guys? forgetting a lot of other people im sure, some have passed

by-tor checks in from time to time, The Zigmeister s long gone. Last I heard he moved to France. A couple of guys here had some info, but I believe he swore them to secrecy!! Don't know about ronin, haven't heard from him in a long time.

Man there are tons of guys who were really, really active here but over time a lot of them have dropped out of sight.