When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Quick comp.

KB

Well as Legend just nailed it (and he is not getting the VIP) our winner is Cubeistan

I will sort the VIP for you

Ken

Well well Ken I don't see the fairness here lol. Congrats to cubeistan!

Message crafted while riding a leathery juvenile T-Rex and charging toward the horizon.

Duh, how did you know that...........................you know me and movements they go or they go to Mike!

Erm what Mike? Haha

Message crafted while riding a leathery juvenile T-Rex and charging toward the horizon.

Damn big A, I knew you were a walking encyclopedia of AP facts,factoids, myths and minutiae, but man you are a legend!! Nailing and obscure movement that is in what maybe 500 or less watches. Man, I'm impressed!

Congrats cubeistan welcome to the VIP ranks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, panerai153 said:

Damn big A, I knew you were a walking encyclopedia of AP facts,factoids, myths and minutiae, but man you are a legend!! Nailing and obscure movement that is in what maybe 500 or less watches. Man, I'm impressed!

Congrats cubeistan welcome to the VIP ranks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh, no brother. Let me explain how I got it.

First off, it is recognizable as an A. Lange and Sohne movement. The elaborate layout, blue jewels, and the deliberate complexity all come together. What came to mind was the Datograph. Next, I looked at the answers and found that the answer was not the Datograph and a few others that were mentioned, which were also in my guess. So it was an A.L&S but none of the above answers that Ken wanted.

Next, I looked at the barely visible photographer signature in the bottom left of the picture. Its very barely visible but it said "Peter Chong", a renowned photo blogger of A.L&S movements. I looked up his blog and found the exact same picture Ken used, which stated the movement was an "L951". So there, elementary my dear old friend :lol:

14 minutes ago, Cubeistan said:

Thanks again, I don't deserve it. Didn't know the caliber. Just lucky old Legend there's already VIP! 

Of course you do deserve it.. you would have gotten it right maybe 1-2 more guesses down the road haha..

Anyway congrats! ;)