When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tudor Heritage Black Bay in Bronze

Pontiaddict

I wish I were as good at photography as some of you guys are, but.... It's not to be.

Here's a few more photos in different light. 67ac796d930db5d908948b12d7e62e61.jpgcf83525c757abeb4bdaebf98f78090f4.jpg9bccf0d0e6060930d77055ad410cabcf.jpgaf231ce9fa29974447ee2f94f995604f.jpg

I love the larger size. For anyone who questions if it is real bronze, I see the patina already starting to form. As I noted before, the strap is a bit short, but it's not a bad effort. The OEM nato strap would be much better.

I think this one will get a lot of wrist time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One more shot.

d66a0673763cc9f7545c53c23d23fcd7.jpg

• Like 2

Very nice, the color of the bezel insert is not as red as I had feared, overall the watch looks stunning. 

I opted toward the KW version, Sead sent me pictures but no shipping info as yet, hopefully i will be as happy with mine as you are with yours...

IMG_7761.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Arthur1 said:

Just got my QC pics for my KW, watch is quite patina-ed already. Did you guys who have scored one already clean it up when it arrived. If so was it easy?

A few minutes in a ketchup bath will return the bronze to its original luster, try searching ketchup bath for some diy instructions.

14 minutes ago, Mike on a bike said:

Well guess who jumping in on the bronze:

14 minutes ago, Mike on a bike said:

Wow.....    If it were only bigger than 42mm, I'd be all over it.   Nice looking piece!

A few minutes in a ketchup bath will return the bronze to its original luster, try searching ketchup bath for some diy instructions.

Personally I hate the ketchup way.

It is messy, it can go below the bezel where you don't want it and thanks god that stuff isn't diffused in Italian homes.

Just check the caseback and crown aren't lose, take away the strap (this should be done whatever system you want to use), take a recipient and put in some vinegar/lemon juice and a little spoon on NaCl (common salt).

Then leave the watch in tipa bath for 10 mins and you are done.

A little rinse with fresh water (better demineralized) and that's it.

somebody needs to rep that nato....stat

The brown nato comes together the kw/v6f watch as a bonus.

3 hours ago, GenTLe said:

Personally I hate the ketchup way.

It is messy, it can go below the bezel where you don't want it and thanks god that stuff isn't diffused in Italian homes.

Just check the caseback and crown aren't lose, take away the strap (this should be done whatever system you want to use), take a recipient and put in some vinegar/lemon juice and a little spoon on NaCl (common salt).

Then leave the watch in tipa bath for 10 mins and you are done.

A little rinse with fresh water (better demineralized) and that's it.

The brown nato comes together the kw/v6f watch as a bonus.

Thanks for the tips... I read on RWI it could be done and it looks nice afterward but your method sounds much more user friendly!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...