When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

ToroBravo Noob Sub v2

Laduaks

HEY! I am new here! Looking for a Submariner watch and found this on ToroBravos webshop: http://www.torobravos.xyz/index.php?route=product/product&path=39_115&product_id=648

What do you guys think of this? I just want a Submariner, i dont need it to be perfect. Just a starter rep. 

So if the watch gets broken, can i take it for repair at a local watchmaker?

How long does these reps last?

Thanks! 

Victor

Welcome to he forum Victor. If you stick around a while you will come to accept that even the very best reps have some flaws and that we tend to obsess over small details that can only really be seen on highly magnified images. In truth gens sometimes have small variations too, but these tend to be seen as desirable.

So being constructive a Noob is a good watch, way better than my first rep which wouldn't fool a ten year old in a dark room. Toro has a good reputation and I have bought from him with no issues at all. I like the non date Subs.

How long a rep lasts? How long is a piece of string? It's mechanical, stuff breaks sometimes. Maybe bad luck, maybe a knock. On the other hand it's mechanical, it can be fixed. Worst case scenario, you can put a new movement in. The Chinese 2836 is a reasonable movement and the ETA original Swiss version is very reliable. Either will fit. So in the end it's like any other mechanical watch, it will last as long as you are happy to fix it when it needs fixing. As to local watch repair shops, it depends, some are perfectly okay repairing reps, some don't want to know. If you have a problem you need fixed anytime, ask on the forum for local help or recommendations.

You are very welcome. We all started out new at some time. Have a poke around the forum, learn to use the search functions and follow a few threads that interest you. The depth of knowledge here is incredible. I guarantee that if you stay with us, in 12 months you will know more about watches and reps than you ever thought possible. 

• Like 1

Hi and welcome. Being in the EU You will have to pay for expensive shipping, so add some $60. With this in mind You might consider getting a V5 for $298 or go all the way to the V6s. They have flaws too but visually are a lot closer to gen (or less closer to rep), metal paint on the ceramic insert nrs. being one of the main differences but it´s a noticeable one.

Maybe wait 1 more week and read up on it a bit, it´s fun and instructive, than decide.

• Like 1