When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PCG 5513 Project - V2 Complete

dbane883

A few months ago I set out to build a PCG 5513 from '62-63 using a gen PCG mid case and cal 1530 movement:

http://rwg.cc/topic/183778-pcg-5513-project-v1#comment-1465646

I have been using an old set of 5513/12 hands until I could find the period-correct hands; hands that had the flat hour hand rather than the curved ones Rolex started using since the mid '60's.

To be frank, I've looked high and low and simply could not find them anywhere. Further, even if I did find them, I suspect they would have been extremely expensive.

Well, I looked in my parts bin the other week and realized I had a spare set of gen hands I acquired some time ago. Luck would have it that the hands were flat!!!!! WTF. I guess i did something good in another life. This saved me a lot of time and money! Swapped them in this afternoon.

Finally she is complete.

Specs:

Gen PCG 5513 midcase from 1963 ish

Gen cal 1530 movement

Gen 700 Twinlock crown/tube

Gen flat hands

Gen bezel assembly

Gen kissing 50 "long 5" insert

Gen T19 superdome

3,6,9 "silver gilt" dial by he-who-cannot-be-mentioned

Gen 7206 bracelet

9a8a7b715e7749b40e1e39562ae0151e.jpg

d686047712c17400ae30a927ec35b625.jpg

e6cf570477b29ed8ee9c5e5bfdf8c060.jpg

acfa7fcc80e2f0a937bdc73e0c0f2f35.jpg

8a22e6e07405a3c1c7568157fb85de2e.jpg

88e4c088ed6be963b3a4c0016b798911.jpg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Sogeha said:

Dbane you are a hard man to like. I aspire to your builds, but you always move the goal posts higher and higher.

I concur... Amazing as always...

Hard to make a great build better, but you did.

That may be the finest build on any forum.

Man I would love to find an insert like that for my Bart Sub.

Outstanding work as always my friend

You alway have the best ****

Come on....this is getting ridiculous with these builds. My interpretation: "Hey guys let me show you these pictures of my build of parts you will never find a single one of let alone all of them in one place. But don't worry, I have them all and assembled them into a watch that will make you hate every watch you own. Here look, look look at these pictures in super high resolution taken with my 40 million mega pixel camera with all the perfect angles and lighting. That's right, breath it in. Scroll through each one and open them all up individually and zoom in and really appreciate how amazing what I have done is. Now stare down at the crappy TC on your wrist which you thought was cool because you added a gen insert. Can you feel what I'm feeling...that's right, your watch sucks, it's a turd."

:-) I don't even know what else to say dbane. That thing is like staring at Jessica Simpson pictures from the Dukes of Hazzard movie. (Note no other pictures of JS just those). I'm in awe and envy of what you've created. It's freakin art not a watch.

• Like 4

On 16. juni 2016 at 3:43 AM, Nanuq said:

It makes my gen Nastymariner look like a wart on an ill frog.

I Will Gladly take it off your hands :partytime: