When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What are these two Rolexes worth?

Marcel I.

I have two Omega's and two Rolexes. I've inherited them from my father who passed away eight years ago. As I've lost my job I won't be able to cover next months rent and will be forced to sell one watch. Need to know what they're worth in £ or $? (The two Omega's are on the Omega section.)

The condition of the watches are as follows:

Rolex Oyster Perpetual Date, SUBMARINER

• The crown doesn't stay pressed all the way in (can be seen in image)
  • Turning the crown to adjust time and date work great
  • The seconds arm doesn't advance even after shaking it
  • Small scratch
  • Strap in great condition

Rolex Precision 

• Crown works
  • The strap: links are stretched, though not visible while wearing
  • Great condition otherwise

Don't know the model numbers of these two as I would need to remove the straps to do so and I don't have the expertise or the tools to do so at the moment.

Also, how much would it cost to have the Rolex Oyster Perpetual Date, SUBMARINER repaired?

msgm2.jpg

I'm not sure I understand?

I don't know anything about watches, so in order to gather information I've joined this forum, hence 2 posts.

I'm in a crisis situation and need to sell one watch ASAP, which is why I joined.

How do I determine if the sub is not genuine?

I'm checking some youtube videos maybe that will help.

Got another reply from dbane883 which showed up on my email account but not here, so I'm not sure if it was a PM or just a delay/glitch.

What tools do I need to open the caseback and remove the bracelet, more specifically the the caseback. Will a cheap kit from amazon work on a Rolex style caseback?

Ha, yes you are both right. I just watched a youtube video comparing a replica with a real one.

The bubble/magnifier on a genuine sub actually magnifies the date 2:1, whilst the replica doesn't, it's 1:1. A dead giveaway. Guess it's going straight to the bin.

Actually I would figure the Oyster Precision is ok, but you'd be lucky to get $750usd for it. It's a manual wind movement, watch looks to be from the late 50s, but it probably needs a service. Retail you might get $1000-1200usd. It would be worth taking it to a watchmaker for a looksey.