When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How to set date on A2836?

SelfEvident

Hey guys,

I just received my Noob factory LN V6s from Toro (great person to deal with btw, highly recommended).

I decided on the A2836 movement over the SA3135 after reading several reviews.  However, I remember hearing something about being careful which way I turn the crown when setting the date and time... Something about if I turn it clockwise, it can damage the movement inside, and I certainly do not want to do that.

Can anybody give me a quick instruction on how to go about setting the date and time without causing any damage?  The last thing I want to do is break my new watch.

Also, this is my first post here (though I'm a long-time lurker), and I'm excited to finally join the community!

No problem with direction but most recommend not setting date between 22:00 and 02:00 as possible damage to the date mechanism might result.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jmb said:

No problem with direction but most recommend not setting date between 22:00 and 02:00 as possible damage to the date mechanism might result.

As far as i know this only appears for the ETA 7750 movements

Edited by Paneraibob

Set the date around noon. NEVER ROLL IT BACKWARDS. Roll the time forward until the date changes. Then go to noon. Set the date to the day before the current date. Then roll the time forward until it changes to the current date, Then set the time AM or PM

• 10 months later...