When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP perp calendar

Hi.

I have noticed that on the website of the dealer that I use to deal with there is a new product.

Ap perp calendar . ( I don't know if I can copy the link, in case I'll do later)

The price, around 200 dollars, it is not so high.

Is there someone here that pulled the trigger on that model?

It would be nice to have an opinion of someone that is more expert than me.

Thank you

Alex

I saw it...and passed. For $200 I know I will be disappointed in some detail or another and then dump it in the forum for $150....if I find a buyer. My opinion is that unless your are buying the ROO's or the 15400's in the $300-$500 range you will disappointed. Aside, can you pull off wearing $45k watch in your circles?

Hi.

First of all I would like to thank you for your opinion. I use reps only outside my country. I use to travel in Middle East, North Africa and east Europe and I don't want to wear something that I have payed from my pocket more then 15.000 euros. No problem about the circle. I can wear it without any kind of issue and no one could think that this is a rep. Btw once I'll get the watch I'll post here some photos. Thank you again for your opinion and sorry for my English.

I was curious and looked this one up, as you said, lots of flaws, but unless you are surrounded by WIS, probably will never meet anyone who has even seen one of these, or cares!

Which functions are "movement operated"' as opposed to requiring manual setting?

I would like to see one of these on a leather strap as opposed to the bracelet, but I don't believe that's and option in either the rep or gen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The white hand should indicate the number correspondent to the weekly count of the year as you can see 52 is the higher on the scale which is the maximum number of weeks in a calendar year :) so give it a week and check whether it moves or not.

• Like 1

Thanks for this write-up Audemars. I say it is not horribly bad, but definitely has some issues for $200...which appears to be priced correctly.

The screws and dial spacing are chief issues as well as the tapiserrie. The blue appears a bit dark too.. However, I seriously doubt you will find a gen walking down the street or in the coffeeshop...so no one will be the wiser.

In fact, I have a m2m sale coming in today. A AP 15450 with a black dial in a steel case. Currently, this is a fantasy model as the 15450 only comes in a white dial in a steel case.  Rose gold is available in a black dial. That said 99.998% of the people that see it will have no idea this is a fantasy model based upon dial color.

Works for me too as I had 3 15400's already (black, blue, and white) from tf and jf.. I sold them all as they were too large my wrist to be understated and elegant. I am hoping this 15450 hit the mark in terms of being discreet and elegant....otherwise it will be back here in the sales corner for $285 shipped.

Hi. Everything is automatic. You just need to fix the month. Number and date name doesn't need to be fixed if you wear it daily. Every functions are working except the white marker with arrow that is running but I can not understand how and con not be adjusted.

Hello mate, the white arrow on yours works as an hour tracker.. I have another version that runs as a seconds hand (not gen like but more useful imo) with a bit of a thinner arrow.. I'll post some pics of my version later same cost $200 think mine is a tiny fraction narrower as well. The thing that annoys me most is the stupid smiley sun on what is supposed to be a moon phase , don't mind it being day night phase but image of sun looks rubbish. Other than that I'm happy with mine

• Like 1

Ok as promised here they are.... (other Seconds hand version) B)

20160803_191433.jpg

20160803_191407.jpg

20160803_191519.jpg

20160730_172424%202.jpg

20160729_190705%202.jpg

Side by side with JF 15400

20160729_191033.jpg

Finish is pretty decent for the price not quite on par with jf 15400 but good, only thing negative thing really is the image on the day/night phase is crap and if im being really anal.. the date numbers from 25 -31 seem to over run onto the top silver rim around it slightly, but not something you would notice without serious magnification! all in all good bang for your buck.... i do think the hour tracker version has a different finish and noticed the white markers go all the way round the face of the dial where my version is closer to gen where it skips markers around the 3, 9, 12 and 6 where the silver rims are.

Might be why it seems narrower anyway that my 2 cents hope it helps those on the fence decide.

Edited by rypho1

Thanks for the photos. So what you are saying, the hand that is a week tracker (1-52) on the genuine is in fact a seconds hand on the rep. Or are there two versions, one that tracks the week of the year and one that uses that hand as a seconds hand.

I agree with the statement about the "moonphase" dial. Why do they keep using that silly smiley moon? I've seen that exact dial for 10+ years on every rep that has a faux moonphase! Totally incorrect and pretty lame.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No worries the version I have uses the week tracker as a seconds hand with a thin looking arrow in silver. The other rep version posted earlier uses a thicker white arrow which moves round with the minute and hour hands at hour intervals which you can't control... you just watch it gradually move hour by hour.. pretty pointless but closer to the gen if you were to look at it as gen doesn't have seconds hand. I prefer the seconds though its nicely done and serves a purpose the hour version arrow looks too thick and a bit cheap imo but glad there's a choice