When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tudor Blackbay Copper

occb2

I have to post something on this watch.  I think its is the best upgrade that Tudor could have made.  That and the Dark.  I saw it next door on RWI when Jason put it on what he was wearing for the day.  I jumped thinking it was a personally made watch to find out that they are made now by some rep companies.  Then I was informed that there was one for sale in the sale section.

I jumped over there and brought it.  Got it two days ago and its been on my wrist.  It is just a beautiful watch.  Reminds me a little of the GMT Root beer with a sub kick.  They did a good job jumping up the normally 40 MM of the Black bays to 43 MM.  I would guess it would have to do with the fact that starting this year Tudor will no longer be using ETA.   Let me just post some pics here.

IMG_0728.JPGIMG_0332.JPGIMG_8725.JPGIMG_5096.JPGIMG_7776.JPGIMG_1505.JPG

2 hours ago, occb2 said:

No the bronze black bay is 3 mm bigger they did a nice job. 

Sounds good Mike I'll bring it along. 

You're right, or actually close.  2mm difference.  Heritage BB is 41mm, new bronze BB is 43mm.  The Heritage BB wears much bigger than 41mm due to the case shape IMO.

821C353C-D751-4645-8305-0CDC1297B5B8_zps

https://www.tudorwatch.com/watches/heritage-black-bay/m79230r-0001

https://www.tudorwatch.com/magazine/article/baselworld-2016-black-bay-bronze

And the gen Bronze BB is a new proprietary aluminum allow bronze that Tudor/Rolex developed that is supposed to patina much, much slower and even than other common bronze allows like CuSn8 found in other bronze models.  The rep won't have this characteristic as I'm sure the allow used is whatever the cheapest one they factory could find.  :lol: