When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

5500 Explorer dial

Cayman35

Just finished my 5500 (1965, gen) with Explorer dial. Got the dial from Yukiwatch in white lume and used Iodine to give the markers and hands some color after which I baked the dial. Finished it with a light matte varnish spray. Wasted one dial under the grill (paint started pealing off), part of the learning curve I guess. Far from perfect but will do for now.

Cheers

IMG_1292.JPG

IMG_1296.JPG

Edited by Cayman35
  • Like 1

Great looking watch and looking good on the leather strap! Your dial indexes have more texture to them (look more raised) which I like a lot. Gets closer to the all original Tudor 7928 which I added to my collection last year.

Cheers

IMG_1297 (2).JPG

• Like 1

Yep. Nothing like vintage Rolexes! I have 3 5500 Air Kings, the 5500 Explorer and a 1500 Date. I have a love for the 34mm cases. I hear people always say they are too small for thier wrists, but my wrist is 8 1/2 inches and I think the 34mm cases look just fine!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
@porschespeedster I know he is on vacation at the moment so he might not get back to you. He makes his own dials. Check out a couple f his threads.

on holidays but still connected ;)

Where'd you get that dial, Mr. Cordell!!!?? So nice.

Decals dials made myself