When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My new AP 15450 with comps photos.

AP Team,

I just received this number in the mail today from a m2m sale from 'wanted to buy' section. Kudos to member Think7 for setting me up with this nice piece.

I have owned 3 15400's in the past. All jf and tf  best/latest versions in all of the colors (black, blue and white....no grey). I flipped colors and makers hoping the size would change or look better based upon the dial. None of these versions ever felt right as discreet dress watch.  Much like a discreet Patek Aquanaut in size and simplicity. The case size of the 15400 is simply too big...almost gaudy as a dress watch...however I did love the Genta design and really wanted something smaller..just a bit smaller.

I think I have found it.. The 15450 at 37mm...which does wear like a 39mm. Take a look at some of my pictures and comps with a gen Rolex Air-King and ROO Diver to see if this model may be right for you. I am quite pleased with the addition...even knowing this is currently a fantasy model with the black dial. Gens in steel ONLY come in white tapiserrie. Rose gold gens are offered with a black dial.

Enjoy...!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

7 hours ago, mech500 said:

You're right the 15400 is way to big for what it is.

Only problem with the JF15450 is that the 3 o'clock marker is MISSING!

Although I believe JF have very recently correctly this flaw but haven't seen the correct dial on TD websites yet.

Look at the top photo, please. The 3 marker with lume is present. The missing marker was a problem in the first batch and subsequently corrected....even through they do not call it a v2.

• Like 1

AP Team,

I just received this number in the mail today from a m2m sale from 'wanted to buy' section. Kudos to member Think7 for setting me up with this nice piece.

I have owned 3 15400's in the past. All jf and tf  best/latest versions in all of the colors (black, blue and white....no grey). I flipped colors and makers hoping the size would change or look better based upon the dial. None of these versions ever felt right as discreet dress watch.  Much like a discreet Patek Aquanaut in size and simplicity. The case size of the 15400 is simply too big...almost gaudy as a dress watch...however I did love the Genta design and really wanted something smaller..just a bit smaller.

I think I have found it.. The 15450 at 37mm...which does wear like a 39mm. Take a look at some of my pictures and comps with a gen Rolex Air-King and ROO Diver to see if this model may be right for you. I am quite pleased with the addition...even knowing this is currently a fantasy model with the black dial. Gens in steel ONLY come in white tapiserrie. Rose gold gens are offered with a black dial.

Enjoy...!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I've been looking for one of these with the 3 o clock marker corrected. Which TD did you get it from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...
9 hours ago, pezzy said:

is the dial on the glossy side or matte? does it have the subtle sunburst effect that you find in the gens?

Medium gloss with sunburst effect.. under a 40x loupe the tapisserie is clearly visible.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
How is the overall quality compared to the JF 15400? I sold mine (bp version) as it was too big and low quality (even after rebrushing). Now tempted to buy this version now. Thanks for your post!

I got this watch a couple of months ago with the correct 3 o clock marker.
And I think the quality is sharp and size is great for smaller wrists like mine.

I'm sure this has it's tells, but it's great. I really wish, there was rubber strap available for it. If there is then i'll pounce on RG!

b8e2fc6966f9a2ebb0ef7efb0ee237c9.jpgb8e2fc6966f9a2ebb0ef7efb0ee237c9.jpg

620c234327347752ebd6b75bf1bb007f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations. Beautiful piece, I still can't understand why AP isn't offering dark dial options on the 15450 in steel. I've been eying the gen for some time now, but was always put off by the white dial. As soon as it becomes available in black or even better blue I'm off to sell a kidney... ;):D

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...