When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My IWC Journey

nass

Hi All,

I have always admired IWC from a far and have been unsure of what to buy. I have always been a fan of the BP but never got round to owning one and always wondered if it would suit my wrist.

That being said my IWC journey started last month when I made my first purchase which was a Mark XVIII on a bracelet which I bought from the forum it was a lovely watch great daily and looked very elegant, however I wanted something else and up came a 3878 a watch I didn't know much about but I was instantly in love with the dial, the fact that the it had a custom made strap, made it even more of a appealing, so the Mark XVIII was put up for sale and my 3878 arrived.The watch is fantastic the build quality coupled with the amazing strap made it look and feel spot on. The dial changes depending on the light and this watch just keeps giving. At this stage I thought I had found "the" IWC for me and this chapter of my collecting should technically of been closed. I was wrong having just missed out on AJ's BP, I decided I needed to own or at least try one and as luck has it Dury was selling his brand new 5009 ZF, so after a face to face I become the proud of BP, the watch is fantastic look and feel and surprisingly wear well on my wrist.

I decided to bite the bullet and buy an OEM strap which has made the world of difference.

I then started wonder how the 3878 would look on the pilot strap.

Now for some pictures:

The watch that started it all, the Mark XVIII (now sold)

IMG_20160705_194708_zpsm0chyyar.jpg

3878 on brown leather

20160729_114812_zpsjwjul6pb.jpg

The BP and the 3878, as they look now:

20160805_223031_zpscrwiqwxz.jpg

20160805_223045_zpsztkv6ckx.jpg

I am thinking of changing the crown on the BP to and original crown if anyone knows where I can source one, please let me know.

Thanks for reading!

On August 5, 2016 at 11:48 PM, nass said:

Hi All,

I have always admired IWC from a far and have been unsure of what to buy. I have always been a fan of the BP but never got round to owning one and always wondered if it would suit my wrist.

That being said my IWC journey started last month when I made my first purchase which was a Mark XVIII on a bracelet which I bought from the forum it was a lovely watch great daily and looked very elegant, however I wanted something else and up came a 3878 a watch I didn't know much about but I was instantly in love with the dial, the fact that the it had a custom made strap, made it even more of a appealing, so the Mark XVIII was put up for sale and my 3878 arrived.The watch is fantastic the build quality coupled with the amazing strap made it look and feel spot on. The dial changes depending on the light and this watch just keeps giving. At this stage I thought I had found "the" IWC for me and this chapter of my collecting should technically of been closed. I was wrong having just missed out on AJ's BP, I decided I needed to own or at least try one and as luck has it Dury was selling his brand new 5009 ZF, so after a face to face I become the proud of BP, the watch is fantastic look and feel and surprisingly wear well on my wrist.

I decided to bite the bullet and buy an OEM strap which has made the world of difference.

I then started wonder how the 3878 would look on the pilot strap.

Now for some pictures:

The watch that started it all, the Mark XVIII (now sold)

IMG_20160705_194708_zpsm0chyyar.jpg

3878 on brown leather

20160729_114812_zpsjwjul6pb.jpg

The BP and the 3878, as they look now:

20160805_223031_zpscrwiqwxz.jpg

20160805_223045_zpsztkv6ckx.jpg

I am thinking of changing the crown on the BP to and original crown if anyone knows where I can source one, please let me know.

Thanks for reading!

Try http://www.scotchwatch.com/IWCparts.html

thanks

• Like 1

On 12 augustus 2016 at 11:32 AM, nass said:

I wanted to either add or change the Spitfire the Portuguese that MarkieMark was selling but I was too late!

Ah too bad! Ive got a rose gold IWC 5001, lovely piece. I assure you, you won't regret buying one to add your lovely collection mate;)