RWG
tyche

Louis Vuitton bags

I wondered how you guys feel about Louis Vuitton bags. I'm in doubt if I'd buy one (macassar keepall 55). I just know the quality is gonna be great and I have a weakness for high end stuff. But on the other hand I always tought LV is a bit tacky, you can notice the brand from a mile away...

How do you guys feel about LV bags? 

I'm in two minds. Currently I own one of their (fake) watch rolls and like it, though it's always inside a bag. I think one has to be rocking the right look and go for a more subtle design to make their bags work, for a guy at least. 

I think I'll end up getting one of their keepalls at some point, they're relatively well designed and in the right print and with some age can be rather subtle.

I think they're good but feel they suffer from what I call 'the Rolex effect' ... meaning, you could buy a gen $150K Rollie and everyone would still think it was a knockoff.

My Hermes briefcase is killer and indistinguishable from the gen. And being a less dominant brand, is always commented on positively. Not that I care :)

Bought three years ago.

380918bf93dd865496d9484f9ee78924.jpg

9419192cc29948eaabb93aea710ad88d.jpg

0434b27bc2597852dae487a738c6e98c.jpg

Sorry I can't provide dealer details. Wifey bought it for me and can't recall dealer's details ... I'm sure it won't be too hard to find a seller.

Bought the missus a gen one for her birthday.

She chose it, I bought it - I don't care what it looks like so long as she loves it!

LV is legit. Can't go wrong with a classic Keepall in Damier Graphite or a well aged Monogram. I think the new Eclipse line is a little tacky. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.