When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need Help

JDG

So I am pretty new to this and I bought a rep case for an IWC Top Gun that I found on ebay.  I'd like to outfit with gen parts and an eta movement - trouble is though, I'm not sure which case number it really is and which dial I need to be looking for.  The dial opening measures 36mm with my digital calipers but I can't find any dials out there, or they are labeled by case number (which I don't know).  

Does anyone out there know of an IWC pilot dial that is 36mm in diameter or which case it would be?  

image1 (4).JPG

image2 (2).JPG

Well, I would like my watch to be as good of quality as possible, but I hadn't thought of alternative options. Also, I don't know where to source either a gen case or a rep dial. If I go the rep route I won't put much in it, but if I can get as much gen as I can I would go that route. 

What would you suggest? 

Okay, so again, I'm pretty new at franken but I mis-spoke earlier.  The dial opening is indeed 34.5 but the edge where one would think the dial would sit measures 36mm.  So, this leads me to believe that what I'm actually missing is the correct movement holder (which in turn would hold everything in it's correct, including the dial).

Any ideas where to source a movement holder?  It's a needle in a haystack I imagine, but that's where I am.  The case overall is 43mm+ (less the crown) and it has one movement holder notch at 9 o'clock.  Possibly a 3777?

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, JDG said:

Gotcha... I don't give up easily and it's hard for me to say, but I think you may be right.

Suggestions on the best place to source a quality rep?

Thans!

All the trusted dealers can get basically the same stuff. 

You pay less or a more depending on the customer service, website etc. 

My favorites are Torobravo, Sead (Supermirrors). 

Good luck!