When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex 6538 "Bond" Submariner. Reaching an other level...

rolojack

For your eyes is an other 6538 build based on the infamous HR rep. Here I did my modification that consists in thinning the mid case from the top to have the crown appear higher. See how this mod enhances the lenght of the lugs !!! It changes the looks a lot. The watch appears very sleek. The lug holes were redrilled to gen size and proper springbars with polished tip were fitted.

Thanks to the watch owner, I also modified the profile of the bezel. I sandblasted it to remove the plating partially between the teeth, and I engine turned the bezel to shape the teeth in a more genuine like profile. The insert was shaved from the bottom to sit lower, and the inner diameter was enlarged for it to appear thinner.

As for the glass... did you know sizes vary from one HR case to an other? Well, now I know... And this one has a larger rehaut. Too large to hold a T21. So I did something different this time since I am against using glue or any dirty back room tricks when possible: I used a T39 I shaved from the bottom to remove the retaining lip. I shaped the sides just like the original HR stock crystal to re-use the nylon gasket. Repolished and super tight pressure fit. This might be the first water resistant acrylic crystal fitted WITHOUT GLUE on a HR.

The dial was mildly aged with different inks. Result is very subtle, nothing loud.

Enjoy the pics !!!

P1320122.JPG

P1320123.JPG

P1320124.JPG

P1320125.JPG

P1320126.JPG

P1320127.JPG

P1320128.JPG

P1320129.JPG

P1320130.JPG

P1320131.JPG

P1320132.JPG

P1320133.JPG

P1320134.JPG

P1320135.JPG

P1320136.JPG

P1320137.JPG

P1320138.JPG

P1320139.JPG

P1320140.JPG

P1320141.JPG

P1320142.JPG

P1320144.JPG

P1320146.JPG

P1320147.JPG

• Like 2

Beautiful work... Who would have known that my prototype watch would spawn more? Or is it the other way around?

Anyways, you are a master, and my go-to-guy and friend.

Maybe if I get those "29mm ETA dials with gilt" because that's the cream of the crop, and 5 people would advance, we can create a template, and then it's just for more batches to get going?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, hologramet said:

Beautiful work... Who would have known that my prototype watch would spawn more? Or is it the other way around?

Anyways, you are a master, and my go-to-guy and friend.

Maybe if I get those "29mm ETA dials with gilt" because that's the cream of the crop, and 5 people would advance, we can create a template, and then it's just for more batches to get going?

It is always a pleasure to work for you. Patience and pragmatism are essential in this hobby!!!

• 1 month later...