When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

TC Sub V7

tc670207

TC V7X LV with YUKI 3135 and gen auto wind module. Gen crystal, Gen DW, Gen Hands, Gen crown on WSO gen spec tube which will not fit this case without modification. The TC V7X is great in every way except for the internal design which is totally stupid as it makes it near impossible to install a gen or Yuki movement. There are two cutouts on the inside of the case near 7 and 2 which are where the mounting screws go for the movement, a genuine case has one cutout at 9. It's almost as if someone intentionally made this case so a gen movement would not fit. However a very good watchmaker can make it fit.

Tickleshoes3537c27cbe221d478.jpg&key=070889e8aa9ef24bbafeacebdfdc5b8c7e6e3b3af82536f0d8427abf0936dd67
IMG_50437b8036376e595a9d.jpg&key=a942c265d064446f8b581e57f041d531c56f57e19bb9f68ac402b76f59c450ea

Just had the same movement dropped in to mine! It feels good to know it’s no longer the ETA clone!

IMG_2114.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Who did the work and how did they deal with the cutout at 7pm , Tickelshoes did mine

I just had a friend of mine put it in, and it seemed to work pretty much fine without much work in the first place. He didn’t do much to make the 3135 fit other than putting a thicker o-ring in the case. Right now I’m working on modding TC’s dial so I can use that one with the 3135 and not another one

49 minutes ago, Xxporkxsodaxx said:

I just had a friend of mine put it in, and it seemed to work pretty much fine without much work in the first place. He didn’t do much to make the 3135 fit other than putting a thicker o-ring in the case. Right now I’m working on modding TC’s dial so I can use that one with the 3135 and not another one

Tickleshoes cut the feet on that TC LV dial and used dial dots but now I hear he has a way of attaching new dial feet so the TC dial fits the 3135. I have 2 TC V6 LVs, 2 TC V6 LNs and 1 each TC V7X LN and LV in different configurations. I'm kind of interested in checking out the new JJS 16610 that the guys over at HorologyBoard.com are building. Its based on a JF watch and since it comes with a Yuki you're already ahead of the game. Also a genuine Auto wind Module makes all the difference in the world , really mine feels better than some genuines that have not a service in years!

On 25/04/2017 at 4:28 AM, SSTEEL said:

Unfortunately, we have all been left in the dark somewhat, Thomas hasn't posted anything whatsoever about recent rumours, and conspiracy theories about going legit.

Bro I still think the theory is correct... and as I'm not longer likely to be able to pick up a TC LV I used one of the best sub cases out there (Ginault)... and used it to put my fantasy no date LV together.

I used the latest JF Insert... not sure how accurate colour is but it's a sweet insert for sure.a0c5200beba58da8c33a29768b93be14.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Where have I seen this before ?

🧐

1 hour ago, MRWOZZA70 said:
Bro I still think the theory is correct... and as I'm not longer likely to be able to pick up a TC LV I used one of the best sub cases out there (Ginault) ... and used it to put my fantasy no date LV together.

I used the latest JF Insert... not sure how accurate colour is but it's a sweet insert for sure.a0c5200beba58da8c33a29768b93be14.jpg&key=92bac4c25e25ed0a21e13a0166e7f75a86add7a3d0f9706c421cb937714b3ded

Oh, and the "conspiracy" is real. I mean... C'man guys ! Whoever that have handled both TC and Ginaults can tell !

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MRWOZZA70 said:

Bro I still think the theory is correct... and as I'm not longer likely to be able to pick up a TC LV I used one of the best sub cases out there (Ginault)... and used it to put my fantasy no date LV together.

I used the latest JF Insert... not sure how accurate colour is but it's a sweet insert for sure.a0c5200beba58da8c33a29768b93be14.jpg

The genuine inserts varied somewhat, the earlier ones were a lovely olive green. 

• Like 2