When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New arrival from DHL today : Rolex 116519 Arabic w grey dial

mule play

2 hours ago, sacsah1 said:

Can you share with us how the end links are mounted on this case?

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Yes, I can take some new photos and show how the end links are mounted to the case.  I'll do that in a bit as I have a new strap on order.  When I make the swap I'll photo it in better lighting.

Also, if anyone is interested in where I source my straps, I use this fellow:

http://stores.ebay.com/vnhandcraftart

I have personally purchased 5 straps here for my Panerai, IWC and now Rolex pieces.  All gen croc and excellent quality for the $.  What you see is what you get.  100%.  Shipping takes about 10 business days to the US.  He'll also do custom configurations if you can use one of his photos as an example.  Stitching color change, etc.

• Like 2

Yes, I can take some new photos and show how the end links are mounted to the case.  I'll do that in a bit as I have a new strap on order.  When I make the swap I'll photo it in better lighting.

Also, if anyone is interested in where I source my straps, I use this fellow:

http://stores.ebay.com/vnhandcraftart

I have personally purchased 5 straps here for my Panerai, IWC and now Rolex pieces.  All gen croc and excellent quality for the $.  What you see is what you get.  100%.  Shipping takes about 10 business days to the US.  He'll also do custom configurations if you can use one of his photos as an example.  Stitching color change, etc.

Thanks man!

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, sacsah1 said:

any update man?

26 minutes ago, sacsah1 said:

any update man?

sad state of events....the straps arrived, but the daytona fogged up after i was caught in a rain shower. i removed the case back and saw the gasket was split.. in addition, the movement stopped.

the piece was sent back to china for repair and should be back in 6 weeks or so. i am pretty bummed as this is my first experience with a faulty rep. i think the issue stems from a faulty gasket imstallation at the factory. i have never seen a split gasket inside a case. it could happen if the tech screwed the case back down over the lip of the gasket.

none the less, andrew @trustywatchguy has been excellent helping me with the return process. he is a good td in every respect.

i promise to update when i get the piece back from service.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

1 hour ago, OffshoreWatchExports said:

Wow that sucks, can't wait to see the finished product again lol. Any way you can help me find a watch like that?

yes, see andrew at www.trustytime01.com and look under rolex daytona. also, there is a trusted dealer section here in the forum.

• Like 1

"Can you share with us how the end links are mounted on this case?"

Maybe I can help...I have a 'Daytona' with the 'higher grade' case similar to the one in the pictures (with sec at 6 Asian movement) that came with a leather strap.  The hoods (end links) are solid and thick, one piece (not sheet metal), and are mounted between the bezel and case.  In other words, both hoods are made on a one piece 'washer' that is mounted between the bezel and case...then the bezel is pressed down over the crystal gasket same as genuine clamping the washer/hoods to the case.  If you can see a space between the outer edges of the hoods and the lugs, it is made this way.  Hoods on modern solid gold genuine Daytonas are mounted the same way.  Hooded cases and bracelet cases are not the same.  Look at sharp pictures of a genuine hooded gold Daytona on a strap and you can see the slight space between the hoods and the lugs.

'Lower grade' steel replica Daytona cases with straps and hoods usually have the hoods made with the mid case and they are formed when the case is stamped out.  They usually do not stand out from the case as far as on the case in the pictures.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, automatico said:

"Can you share with us how the end links are mounted on this case?"

Maybe I can help...I have a 'Daytona' with the 'higher grade' case similar to the one in the pictures (with sec at 6 Asian movement) that came with a leather strap.  The hoods (end links) are solid and thick, one piece (not sheet metal), and are mounted between the bezel and case.  In other words, both hoods are made on a one piece 'washer' that is mounted between the bezel and case...then the bezel is pressed down over the crystal gasket same as genuine clamping the washer/hoods to the case.  If you can see a space between the outer edges of the hoods and the lugs, it is made this way.  Hoods on modern solid gold genuine Daytonas are mounted the same way.  Hooded cases and bracelet cases are not the same.  Look at sharp pictures of a genuine hooded gold Daytona on a strap and you can see the slight space between the hoods and the lugs.

'Lower grade' steel replica Daytona cases with straps and hoods usually have the hoods made with the mid case and they are formed when the case is stamped out.  They usually do not stand out from the case as far as on the case in the pictures.

wow thats exactly the info I was looking for. The factories actually copied the gen rolex design? Impressive!

No wonder the endlinks looked like they were really nicely fitted. 

Thank you!

Is this the shape they copied?

BezelEndLinksOff-1.jpg

• Like 1

On 9/13/2016 at 5:33 PM, mule play said:

yes, see andrew at www.trustytime01.com and look under rolex daytona. also, there is a trusted dealer section here in the forum.

Thank you so much for the help, really loving this site and all the help i'm receiving!

20 hours ago, sacsah1 said:

wow thats exactly the info I was looking for. The factories actually copied the gen rolex design? Impressive!

No wonder the endlinks looked like they were really nicely fitted. 

Thank you!

Is this the shape they copied?

BezelEndLinksOff-1.jpg

BRILLIANT!

• 4 weeks later...

The repaired Daytona with the gasket/water issue from above is expected to arrive today via DHL. I will add some pictures when it arrives. A new brown croco strap from my Vietnam dealer will be added to it as well.  That should liven it up a bit.