When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is SOLIDSWISS.CD any good - they have high prices?

Adrian B

Ive just placed an order for a PRO HUNTER with Trusty Time (http://www.trustytime01.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_5&products_id=9961)  who I've bought from (and been very happy) before but noticed the same watch with SSOLIDSWISS.CD offer the same watch for TWICE as much - https://www.solidswiss.cd/rolex-gmt-master-ii-pro-hunter-dlc-gold-black-ceramic.html.

The pictures looks better on the SOLIDSWISS site (and a more accurate gold coloured outer dial) but can anyone tell me if SOLIDSWISS are better watches? Ive been happy with TrustyTime?

17 minutes ago, SSTEEL said:

Another spammer promoting SS?

SolidSwiss is a scam site.

Thanks for the tip... thought so...

21 minutes ago, SSTEEL said:

24 minutes ago, SSTEEL said:

25 minutes ago, SSTEEL said:

Note sure if the reference to my email was a spammer promoting SS? If so far from it? Genuine new RWG user who has bought from Trusty Time and looking for reassurance i shouldn't have bought from SS - glad to hear they aren't to be trusted and my order is in good hands :) 

1 hour ago, Adrian B said:

Thanks for the tip... thought so...

Note sure if the reference to my email was a spammer promoting SS? If so far from it? Genuine new RWG user who has bought from Trusty Time and looking for reassurance i shouldn't have bought from SS - glad to hear they aren't to be trusted and my order is in good hands :) 

Hi mate. Welcome to the forum. There is plenty to learn here, two years in and I haven't finished class 101 yet. Some really decent guys and plenty of Brits, myself and Ssteel included, though we are both expat. 

There is an old rule of life that if something looks too good to be true, it probably is. Many scam sites use pictures of genuine watches. You might or might not get some POS for your money, but you won't get what they show. Like most watch enthusiasts you probably have favourite companies and designs. Use the search function to find and read all posts on any replica you are considering. Stick rigidly to TD's, they can get any watch available. If they can't get it neither can a none TD site because it does not exist. Lots claim to be Swiss built. Take a moment to think about how the Swiss operate and ask yourself if the Swiss authorities would allow illegal counterfeits of Swiss watches to be made in Switzerland. Never going to happen and a sure sign of a scam.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Adrian B said:

Ive just placed an order for a PRO HUNTER with Trusty Time (http://www.trustytime01.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_5&products_id=9961)  who I've bought from (and been very happy) before but noticed the same watch with SSOLIDSWISS.CD offer the same watch for TWICE as much - https://www.solidswiss.cd/rolex-gmt-master-ii-pro-hunter-dlc-gold-black-ceramic.html.

The pictures looks better on the SOLIDSWISS site (and a more accurate gold coloured outer dial) but can anyone tell me if SOLIDSWISS are better watches? Ive been happy with TrustyTime?

Now I'm reassured by everyones helpful comments (thanks) - I'm really looking forward to getting this from Andrew at Trusty Time - getting the updated QR photos asap. 

ROLGMT088C - Pro Hunter GMT PVD Blk Ceramic Bez Swiss 2836 MOVEMENT: Nickle Plated Swiss Eta 2836-2 Modified to Rolex Calibre 3187 Markings and Bridges, Automatic Movement, 25J, 28800bph (GMT Independently Adjustable)

49_zps5qokrbli.jpg~original.jpg

Although when i get it I'm temped  to buy this (below) genuine Prohunter NATO black strap for £70 (From The link below) so it looks more like this GEN (see below) - unless anyone can suggest another source instead of the Gen shop (http://www.discoverprohunter.com/en/)

01.jpg

jet-black-20.jpg

I would encourage you to buy a strap for this watch because I can assure you that the bracelet especially the clasp will not look good after a very short time. Daily wear will soon scrape the PVD off.

The question is if you really have to lash out 70 pounds for a Nato just to have the Pro Hunter logo on it. They can be had a fraction and in very good quality. You could try Maratac or gnomon for example. 

• Like 1

Phoenix straps made the original RAF pull through straps and the MOD NATO's, they are still in business and still make the straps. They are a little thinner than some of the more modern style, but not as thin as Chinese eBay straps. 

I'm just giving you this for information really. I have dozens of NATO straps in all thicknesses. It's fun to change them around. If your heart is set on the genuine PROHunter strap, get one. On the other hand for the same price you could have say black, grey, striped, a bright colour in webbing and a nice leather NATO as well.

Thanks - great advice about the NATO straps - much cheaper - THANY YOU

12 hours ago, Sogeha said:

Phoenix straps made the original RAF pull through straps and the MOD NATO's, they are still in business and still make the straps. They are a little thinner than some of the more modern style, but not as thin as Chinese eBay straps. 

I'm just giving you this for information really. I have dozens of NATO straps in all thicknesses. It's fun to change them around. If your heart is set on the genuine PROHunter strap, get one. On the other hand for the same price you could have say black, grey, striped, a bright colour in webbing and a nice leather NATO as well.

12 hours ago, Sogeha said:

Thats great advice - thanks - ill probably do that and go for a few non PH Nato straps - might even look out for a RUBBER/PVD buckle strap 

• 3 weeks later...
On 14 September 2016 at 8:38 AM, Adrian B said:

Got my PRO Hunter (Safari) in the end and its great. The strap was ok (as usual) but I bought a NATO strap which was much better. It keeps great time (Swiss). Very pleased and saved me £18,000 that the GEN costs! 

IMG_2370.JPG

IMG_2371.JPG

IMG_2372.JPG