When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New JHF AP Divers...

swdivad

Hey guys!

What are you AP experts thinking about the new gaggle of divers being advertized as JHF factory? Is this the JF factory? To me, the dials engraving looks wrong... It looks like the tapisserie is reversed, i.e. the lines are embossed instead of engraved... 

apcd1.PNGapcd2.PNGapcd3.PNG

embossing seems like a smart move as the factory cannot reproduce the tapisserie manually as ap makes them.. it would be too costly in time and tooling. i think the dial has nice detail. i like it, but summer is over. might be tough to pull this off outside of the warm months. i also think seeing a gen version is HIGHLY unlikely so you have scarcity effect working. i cannot imagine ap selling more than 500 of these globally each year. it is a rare bird. others have commented the white case color is off. it needs to be whiter? given the scarcity, i wonder how these people can make that claim.

i was at an ap dealer in Chicago recently (swiss fine timing on michigan ave) and they noted they could get one in if i was interested. it would take up to two weeks. i was there to see if they had any 15450's in stock. they did not.

would i buy this...yes! especially if i could outfit it with a low beat tissot powermatic movement. in the mean time, i will to live with my v7 diver in steel. oh well!

Yes! the detail is very high and well done, BUT it's reversed.

To me, if they can get the detail this good, they would be able to make the opposite and correct detail in the same method.

They have made the mold by cutting the thin lines into it and then forming the dials from that. They should be making it the opposite way by cutting an electrode, then eroding the final mold with it.