When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DW Daytona 6239

djulink

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Gents,

I've been looking around but need some advices, looking for a proper crown, I've found 2 @ Yuki : 

large tube http://www.yukiwatch.com/catalog/item/6784664/10276441.htm

small tube http://www.yukiwatch.com/catalog/item/6784664/10289013.htm (not my favorite)

But am unsure about the stem size and the tube hole (knowing that I'm not equipped to re-tap it) ; would any of you have any tip(s) to give me?

or this one @ Raffles : 

http://rafflestime.com/signed-explorer-submariner-crown-for-eta-dg-1570-movement-6mm/

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Gents,

A question following what I consider to be a good news: As it was described by the seller, I thought the hour sub dial hand was frozen or glued but it appears to be functional.

After I took the movement out of the case to properly align the main hour hand, I put back the movement in and after re-plugging the stem in, i started the chrono function to make sure it was still functional and - surprisely - after 10 or 20 minutes, i noticed that the sub dial hour hand had moved. But when I reseted the chrono, it did not come back to the 12 marker and was a little offset. But more than that, It did not stop (when I activate the pusher at 2) and continue its course along the sub dial... while the chrono function was stopped and the big second hand and the sub minute hand were back in place.

I noticed that when the sub dial hour hand has gone after marker 9 or 10, it reset properly (aligned with the 12 marker) but still it does not stop and continue to count hours although the chrono function is off.

My question would be : what is the way to settle this ? is it an easy way (or does that necessarily mean service) ? 

I've found some answers in a post from @freddy333, but can't manage to find it back ; if anyone could chime in, I would be very thankful

9 hours ago, djulink said:

After I took the movement out of the case to properly align the main hour hand, I put back the movement in and after re-plugging the stem in, i started the chrono function to make sure it was still functional and - surprisely - after 10 or 20 minutes, i noticed that the sub dial hour hand had moved. But when I reseted the chrono, it did not come back to the 12 marker and was a little offset. But more than that, It did not stop (when I activate the pusher at 2) and continue its course along the sub dial... while the chrono function was stopped and the big second hand and the sub minute hand were back in place.

I noticed that when the sub dial hour hand has gone after marker 9 or 10, it reset properly (aligned with the 12 marker) but still it does not stop and continue to count hours although the chrono function is off.

My question would be : what is the way to settle this ? is it an easy way (or does that necessarily mean service) ? 

I've found some answers in a post from @freddy333, but can't manage to find it back ; if anyone could chime in, I would be very thankful

I cannot offer a fix for your creeping hour totalizer beyond the posted comments, but this is likely the thread you are referring to.

2 hours ago, djulink said:

By the way @freddy333, what do you mean in that post when you wrote "the hour totalizer hand to start 'creeping'" ?

Thanks in advance for your answers

As explained in the thread, the hour totalizer was running even when the chrono is off. As I recall, it was due to a worn braking component, but you (or your watchmaker) would need to disassemble your watch to diagnose.

Ok Thanks, and that is exactly what's happening : "the hour totalizer was running even when the chrono is off"

I wish I had a watchmaker...

Not ready yet to take the dial off I guess. I don't feel confortable thinking about the way to detach & put back in place those tiny sud dial hands...

It would require a proper tool than my only bergeon screwdriver

Edited by djulink

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi All,

the 4 o'clock pusher is getting 'tired' on my 6239 ; I've been looking to find a proper replacement (but the gen I found on the bay are far beyond my capacities).

So I went by @ofrei and @counsinsuk, and found this possibility: https://www.cousinsuk.com/product/classical-screw-in

I think mine would be one the 4mm head in SS but I don't have the proper precise tool - a caliper I think it is - to measure the diameter of the thread.

Would anyone know ou could help, please ?