When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DW Daytona 6239

djulink

Hi All,

the 4 o'clock pusher is getting 'tired' on my 6239 ; I've been looking to find a proper replacement (but the gen I found on the bay are far beyond my capacities).
So I went by @ofrei and @counsinsuk, and found this possibility: https://www.cousinsuk.com/product/classical-screw-in

I think mine would be one the 4mm head in SS but I don't have the proper precise tool - a caliper I think it is - to measure the diameter of the thread.
Would anyone know ou could help, please ?

Can you re-do the link? It doesn't work and I'd like to see these pushers. I might want to buy a pair.

Nice watch btw! Cheers

On 2/3/2017 at 6:25 PM, eunomians said:

Nice watch btw! Cheers

Thanks,

On 2/3/2017 at 6:25 PM, eunomians said:

Can you re-do the link? It doesn't work and I'd like to see these pushers. I might want to buy a pair.

Well, it's working with my computer ; anyone else having trouble to get there ?

• 2 months later...

Hi Gents,

During one cleaning of the 7750, I accidentally broke the operating lever :

IMG_0056.thumb.JPG.7b0cfc036ddec6f1a28392e7c4235ca4.JPG

Thanks to Bart, I managed to find a replacement part on the bay but was wondering if any of you (maybe in France or in Europe) would have that spare part to sell me ; would you ?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sogeha said:

Q: : Now, a new watch. This should be your 20th, I believe. 
James Bond: How time flies. 
Q: Yes, well 007, why don't you establish a record by actually returning this one. 

Q: Try to be a little less than your frivolous self, 007. 
Q: Now here's something I want you to use with special care. With special care. 
James Bond: Everything you give me... 
Q: is treated with equal contempt... Yes, I know...

indeed

Did I say that before ? well I suppose I didn't, but should have...

"Bart's - definitely - the man"

Many Thanks as usual my friend

Edited by djulink
  • Like 1

Just now, Sogeha said:

Thunderball. I like Ben Wishaw's character very much but Desmond Llewelyn was the man and his performance was made even better by the fact that he didn't understand anything technical at all.

Bingo ! and totally agree with you : he (D. Llewelyn) is so classy in those early ones

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hi all,

I've just replaced the x-tal:

image.thumb.jpg.6fc105e4e64e0faf2df25a52548c09fd.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.6fa36f9e81affe3abe5620174e4ebd51.jpg

As Rolojack already stated, it feels like "gem" now and I'm very satisfied but would like to ask you how tall is it suppose to be (because it seems a bit tall to me).

Anyone can chime in ?

Edited by djulink

Yes, it does look a bit too tall. This is often a problem with some aftermarket Daytona cases. On 1 of my early Daytona projects, I had to grind down a crystal to get it to seat at the correct height. That may be what you need to do here. Or, better yet, just ignore it since you are more likely to damage a good crystal rather than someone calling you out due to a slight height issue.

Ideally, the bezel should begin where the bevel on the crystal begins. In other words, when you view the watch from the side, all you see rising above the bezel is the bevel of the crystal (little or nothing of the straight vertical part). Google is your best source for gen pics, but many non-Rolex watchmakers opt for aftermarket crystals due to the expense & difficulty in sourcing them through The Network. So be careful not to mistake an aftermarket crystal for a gen out there.

As usual, Thanks a bunch Freddy; I've been sanding the base of the crystal and it seats much lower now. Perfect!

By the way, I'm trying to emulate a 1966/67 6239 (that is why I chose the non-rivet bracelet and this x-tal from what I've read here and there); is there anything else to take in consideration ?

• 1 month later...