When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

alterego

I don't know if I'm behind in my digital competence but I just had to cancel a purchase from a forum member because I was not able to find the gift option in the paypal menu. It used to be very simple to gain access to this form of payment. That's not the case now. I spent more than an hour following directions and I never found the "pay as gift" icon. I find the new Paypal format very complicated.   Am I missing something that I am not aware of when looking for the gift option or is it just digital incompetence on  my part ? 

I know, the problem is finding the option on the screen. You follow directions such go to my papal, and in the upper bar it is supposed that there is a button to clic  " "send money to family and friends". But I haven't been able to find that optiuon, despite having tried countless times. 

Thank you for your suggestion.

I am in Germany and I just checked on my iPad. It is right there. First step: send money. 2nd step: Send money to family and friends. Cannot reenact the OP"s problem..

It's probably what you guys say. The option is not available for my country. It's odd, as with the previous menu (not the one touch thing) gift and friends option was available. I'm pretty frustrated as I missed buying a beautiful Yatchmaster, whose seller asked me to send  the money as gift, because Paypal would withhold the funds fro thirty days. That's odd too. 

Well, I'm still looking for a yaatchie, so if someone knows about one for sale, please, PM me. 

Cheers.

I noticed a very important change into my PayPal account.
It seems that I have the possibility to dispute/claim a payment sent as "Gift"
I don't know how the procedure would take place as I never had to use it.
But it's a serious and concerning evolution of PayPal terms ..

Do you guys have this option now ?

I noticed a very important change into my PayPal account.
It seems that I have the possibility to dispute/claim a payment sent as "Gift"
I don't know how the procedure would take place as I never had to use it.
But it's a serious and concerning evolution of PayPal terms ..

Do you guys have this option now ?

I guess this is something to do with the recent Paypal TOC being updated.  Did you not get the email?  It was a long one, I shifted through it, read that anyone in Turkey can no longer have a paypal account, pay or receive payment via papal, thats a big deal to the innocent people there.

Need to read a little more I guess.

If it's confirmed (I mean, if the dispute system is the same than though "goods")
It's a hell of a bad news for sellers

Recently got scammed twice by PayPal policy, and I have been around since 2000, have seen everything .. but still happens
- one buyer sent me back an empty iPhone box with stones in it, matching the UPS weight verification system for à an iPone
- One seller sold me a broken electronic device, admitted it via eBay messaging system, but still, PayPal asked me to deal with my police station to make them testify that the device was broken. They obviously refused to proceed. Got screwed.
I never had a lot of faith into PayPal but I don't know where we going if anyone can dispute a gift payment ..

Loks like there is a little more than difficulties to find the option as far as I can see. Maybe that's an option that they want to discourage people to use.

At any rate, looking for another replica Yatchie, I run into a website selling Davosa watches. Swiss made, ETA 2824. It's called the Davosa Ternos, which is homage to the Yatch Mast. It´s about 90% like the real thing but it costs twice as much as the rep. But its a gen, manufactured by a well known company. I may buy one, for a change.