When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

eosurc

Excited to have this el cheapo 6694 turned out to be a precious Explorer 6610 :D  

1. Flea market 6694 34mm 
2. EXP dial from rafflesdial
3. gold hands from rafflesdial

Had a hard time fitting the hands since my movement is dg2813 and i got an ETA hands. slightly worked on making the minute's hole bigger and second's hole smaller (by pinching). slightly buffed with scotch brite allowing it to have this unshiny, lightly scratched hands.

Ageing both dials and hand lume with kid's colored marker (brown) and fading it with the use of cotton buds.

Slight case buffing to make corners rounders. but i'm still contemplating on giving it a rock and nail box to achieve some knick and knacks.

Dial slightly sprayed with lacquer to achieve dial imperfections. 

Might not have a correct case size (34mm) but i'm feeling happy with the result 

Thanks for viewing!

66101.jpg

66102.jpg

• Like 1

On 10/2/2016 at 9:11 PM, alligoat said:

There actually is a 5500 Explorer- 34mm case, 1520 movement. These were Air King watches with the Explorer dial. But the dial wasn't marked SCOC, but rather Precision or something to that effect. Nice job!

Yep i'm planning to get a 5500 "precision" dial so it will look more legit 34mm 5500.. rather than a 1016 in a 34mm :) case.

• Like 1