When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How good are the 3126 noob ROOs?

• 2 weeks later...

Which specific model?
The jf builds are generally better quality but could be less accurate than the noob ones. You have to be more specific.

Message crafted while lashing a scammer with a thorned whip while trying to coax a confession out of him.

Well at first I wanted one of the old 2014 NOOB ROOs, I was thinking a Black Themes.

But since they are apparently sold out from all TDs I have to either pony up like double the money to buy an "upgraded" version, or happen to come across an m2m when I have funds available (not very likely)

Either way I'm gonna have to hold out until who knows when to make sure I really have the funds (i know if I think I have the funds and buy, then I will immediately need the funds, have to sell and lose money), so I'm where none of you want to be, watchless.

But it's fine, I'm not looking for any response, some day I will be able to buy a decent rep, and not end up broke around the corner.

Edited by tyrantblade

Well at first I wanted one of the old 2014 NOOB ROOs, I was thinking a Black Themes.
But since they are apparently sold out from all TDs I have to either pony up like double the money to buy an "upgraded" version, or happen to come across an m2m when I have funds available (not very likely)
Either way I'm gonna have to hold out until who knows when to make sure I really have the funds (i know if I think I have the funds and buy, then I will immediately need the funds, have to sell and lose money), so I'm where none of you want to be, watchless.
But it's fine, I'm not looking for any response, some day I will be able to buy a decent rep, and not end up broke around the corner.

Watchless? What happened to your gen avenger 2? Or whatever it was called? Lol

Message crafted while smacking a sleeping friend with a bluefin tuna and fending off a hungry raccoon.

13 hours ago, Legend said:

Watchless? What happened to your gen avenger 2? Or whatever it was called? Lol

Message crafted while smacking a sleeping friend with a bluefin tuna and fending off a hungry raccoon.

Got behind on bills, so I had to sell it to keep from continually getting further behind.

I had hoped I could buy a decent rep after selling it, I even had some money from OT, but alas, it's all gone and I have to be realistic and wait it out before buying even a moderately priced rep.

2 minutes ago, tyrantblade said:

Got behind on bills, so I had to sell it to keep from continually getting further behind.

I had hoped I could buy a decent rep after selling it, I even had some money from OT, but alas, it's all gone and I have to be realistic and wait it out before buying even a moderately priced rep.

Hmm.. I am sorry to hear about that.

But what is your definition of a "moderately" priced rep, and what is your preference inclined toward? 

Maybe I can help a little.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Legend said:

Hmm.. I am sorry to hear about that.

But what is your definition of a "moderately" priced rep, and what is your preference inclined toward? 

Maybe I can help a little.

I like reps of a good build quality, usually a diver style in a case size of 42mm-45.5mm, full SS.

I've also grown to like chronographs.

So far I've only had experience with Breitling, Omega, and Rolex reps; but I've been wanting one of those 2014 updated AP ROOs for a while.

It's just never the right time.

I would love to buy the 2014 safari in m2m for 310 all in, great deal and all.

But like I said, I simply don't have funds at the moment for any rep that I want as I don't have the funds and I'm sort of picky on taste .

Well in this case, why don't you start with the ever staple stainless steel AP ROO diver? 

It is moderately priced in my opinion, much more accurate than any of the AP ROO chronograph reps, and a lot more reliable too.

1 hour ago, Legend said:

Well in this case, why don't you start with the ever staple stainless steel AP ROO diver? 

It is moderately priced in my opinion, much more accurate than any of the AP ROO chronograph reps, and a lot more reliable too.

I simply don't like those divers, otherwise I would have had one or a few before.

• 2 years later...
On 10/25/2016 at 6:09 PM, Legend said:

Legend, I don't see many posts/pics about the JF 44mm ROO Ceramic W/ RG Dial Markers, however it looks INCREDIBLE in the TD pics... What're your thoughts on this model? Is there a reason not many people buy/post about this piece?

On 12/8/2018 at 4:17 AM, Wunderpus said:

Legend, I don't see many posts/pics about the JF 44mm ROO Ceramic W/ RG Dial Markers, however it looks INCREDIBLE in the TD pics... What're your thoughts on this model? Is there a reason not many people buy/post about this piece?

None of the rep AP ROOs are accurate out of the box. I think the word "incredible" and in CAPS, is very much exaggerated, once you are aware of the flaws. Doesn't matter 42, 44, or v1, v2. I disagree that any rep ROO is "incredible". "Visually acceptable from a distance" is the furthest I will go with ANY rep ROO. If you own the gen, you will understand what I am talking about. If you do not, even the stock reps will look good. 

In this hobby, you buy what you like, and deal with the flaws, or get it modded to your satisfaction.  

• Like 1

Another thing to note regarding AP's with sec@12, nobody sells new movements anymore for these.  A TD may, but expect them to charge a premium.  My supplier stopped selling a few months back and he said the factories no longer make them, so what this means for the future of AP reps is anyone's guess, maybe a new breed sec@12 movement is currently in development?

12 hours ago, Legend said:

None of the rep AP ROOs are accurate out of the box. I think the word "incredible" and in CAPS, is very much exaggerated, once you are aware of the flaws. Doesn't matter 42, 44, or v1, v2. I disagree that any rep ROO is "incredible". "Visually acceptable from a distance" is the furthest I will go with ANY rep ROO. If you own the gen, you will understand what I am talking about. If you do not, even the stock reps will look good. 

In this hobby, you buy what you like, and deal with the flaws, or get it modded to your satisfaction.  

Ah, that is a pretty fair response. Regarding mods, I sent you a PM... :)