When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Not so bad....

gasebah

Quite satisfied with my first build. Case needs some work and I am waiting for the bracelet but I like where this is going.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1

Case is from eBay. It is a sterile case without markings between the lugs, and with a wrong case back. The satin finish is pretty bad but I meanwhile touched it up and it looks a lot better now. The crown guards  are supposed to be the square variety. They are wrong but in fact the square crown guard version of that watch is so rare that you can hardly find pictures in the internet so I don't really care.

The good thing is the case takes a gen rolex crown without changing the tube. Will see about other gen parts.

I had a TC crown left so I used this one.

Movement is Swiss ETA 7750.

Hands and dial are Yuki.

Now I am desperately looking for an engraved Tudor case back as the Yuki one is no longer available.

There are many flaws with the watch but overall I think it is still credible at arms length.

Photo with touched up satin finish.

IMG_0078.JPG

Congratulations. Please give us a blow by blow build story.

^^^Edit: No sooner asked than supplied :-) ^^^

I don't even know the model, so I wouldn't know about accuracy but it looks fantastic. I guess most people will be in the same position. As for a,case back, well if you find one great, if not you only really need to fixate on it if you grow eyeballs in your wrist :-)

• Like 1

Will post pics after I have received the Oyster bracelet. You need special endlinks as the so called "Big-Block" is more fat then a regular Daytona. Also I bought a Tudor clasp for the bracelet.