When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ohhh Look At My Jenny

ceejay

This is my latest acquisition & a damn fine one if I may say so!

It's a Jenny (pronounced yenny or yanny) Caribbean 1500 dating from 1969.

Jenny is famous for releasing the (arguably) first watch to be tested to a depth of 1000 metres (3300 feet) That was the Caribbean 1000. This the Caribbean 1500, it's slightly bigger and rarer brother. 2mm bigger than the 1000 at 42mm. Still a very wearable size ;)

The "Hi Swing" on the dial indicates it contains the ETA 2724 Hi Beat (28,800) movement. ETA's first hi beat movement.

The depth rating was achieved by using a Monobloc case design. It's a one piece case with the movement being loaded through the front. A retainer ring then screws down securing the 5mm acrylic crystal complete with 3 o-ring seals. Screw down crown looks after that entry point ;) 

Uni-directional going edge click bezel, lovely Blue 'Scothlight' dial with matching bezel insert.

I was lucky enough to buy this from its original owner who bought it when he was 18. I got it for an absolute bargain price, which is always a bonus :) 

Anyway...A lovely vintage diver, that with this depth rating doesn't look ridiculous on my skinny wrist!

IMG_5427.jpg

IMG_5400.jpg