When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Daytona 6263 Hunt (DW/SPinmaster/Kenny/Watchguyusa1) Anyone else?

TheSociety

Not out the box.
But yes. Its doable.

You're right I recall the Panda you have with the yuki dial. I have a cartel base coming in im thinking about building a Saudi Arabia Daytona using Yuki Dial and Handset. Messaged Kenny but he seems to be very busy :/ do you have recommendation on a modder?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sure I'm not the only one who would love to read what is involved.
This thread is a real education, keep it coming please guys.

I agree with you I've been learning a lot from the veterans 62xx experts that have been kind enough to educate us on their builds and what's possible and what's good. It's rare to find a community that likes to share and make this hobby fun for everyone

• Like 2

c628988b9c85fa69ff16cc64a47a0a54.jpg

I don't have exact specs and I welcome any input. Seems like a DW dial with gen coronet, phong case and gen crystal. Well aged. But I'm not really sure. Bought it 5 years ago for a premium from a member long gone.

The yellow spot is from the filter I used I guess. There is nothing on the watch. I'll post more pics later.

@Paris, here's a very early DW dial, from the first batch of prototype photos he sent me and Halley. Notice the serifs in the subdials and the spacing between the subdial numerals and their perimeter dished steps.

6a82fb92bc5c6314fef26e49b98f19bc.jpg

• Like 1

@nanuq nice to have an OG member stepping in this thread is super fun and educational.

@carlytoss - looks insane can't wait to see the end product! Are you using Phong case as well?

I have a DW laying around I'm trying to figure out what to do with it lol

@TheSociety I hope so, already got:

V72c
Gen crystal
Gen crown 703 (missing the tube)
Gen pusher p703
Gen tang buckle as I wanna use a crocodile strap

Hunting the parts is so much fun and I'm not even talking about having this dial made

You and other members have so much patience. I don't have that nor the knowledge to build something so just waiting on m2m for someone to let theirs go:

18 minutes ago, TheSociety said:

You and other members have so much patience. I don't have that nor the knowledge to build something so just waiting on m2m for someone to let theirs go:

speaking as someone who also didn't have patience, eventually you find a model that you just love so much you gotta figure out how to build it perfectly. or, to as much time/money as you're able to put in. you learn to be patient while you're building it 

• Like 1

I love this thread,
Come on guys feed us.
I'm learning so much from you guys!

I'm currently waiting for Jensen to get back to me while I'm gathering parts for a 6263 with a prototype dial I'm having made for this watch.

b0c917fa95e674a36009155dc64fa598.jpg

I know... but I'm deeply in love with this dial

This should be quite easy to make, there are no markers and studs on the side, the only challenge is the sunburst and the right colour dial. I can possibly ask dad to see if he can get it done in Vietnam

Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Nanuq said:

@Paris, here's a very early DW dial, from the first batch of prototype photos he sent me and Halley. Notice the serifs in the subdials and the spacing between the subdial numerals and their perimeter dished steps.

6a82fb92bc5c6314fef26e49b98f19bc.jpg

Exact , this is the first prototype of DW did in 2007 (NEVER SALE), that of paristoto is the first bacth of DW

Edited by vette63
  • Like 1

@vette63 such great info (and cool!) that you guys know of such pieces and when DW started.

On the same note I was recently offered this DW / Spinmaster 6241 and would like to know everyone's thoughts

DW Case
Spinmaster Dial / Hands
SWISS ETA 7750 converted to 7760 manual

5adb9de37818901cb354cca86c6e7573.jpg17aa16b571f9593c53fa7c1a622eba8e.jpg43f8773113c819ae6ca22a5dafe0205b.jpg9c2867bd409caad2ace848496662c8c4.jpg

24b5336e888843646c77da1b2e4e9ba7.jpg
  • Like 1