When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

help needed removing daytona movement for repair. photo needed.

mule play

team,

odd thing happened. the minutes (right side) sub dial ring fell off at some point today and needs to be reattached.

can someone post a picture of the case with the case back removed noting which screws need to be removed to release the full movement to get to the dial? i know how to remove the stem using the keyless works and i can handle the repair by gluing the ring....I just do not know how to take out this movement.

alternately, i am happy to send this to a member for a repair if you want to earn a few dollars. I would also pay for a oiling and tuning if you have these skills.

pm me or me know below wih a picture.

thanks!

image.jpg

thanks for the information. i do not have a crystal press tool...so that option is not available to me. anyone care to help me? I can send the watch to you. let me know.

i may try the photo above to see if that works.

It's probably cheaper to buy a simple crystal press than it is to ship the watch around. I have one quite similar to these and it does it's job. Would not want to miss it since I have it.:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/13pc-Watch-Press-Back-Case-Closer-Crystal-Glass-Fitting-Watch-Repair-Tool-Set-/152119356964?hash=item236b052e24:g:XCkAAOSw6btXTS5q

• 2 weeks later...

To remove the crystal in a Daytona you have to remove the bezel ( need an appareil specific ) or you can use a knife , but yoy risk to scratc the case.
I suggest to remove the stem/crown an the two screws, an easy job.
The problem will be to glue the ring, is not easy to do a clean work and DO NOT USE CYANOACRYLIC GLUE, i suggest Hypo cement that it's reversible.

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

If you have difficult to fix , any problem to do the work for you, but I stay in Italy

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk