When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Next project...1675

docthor

The parts for my next project just arrived :)
Last week I received a new Cartel 1675 from Toro and just today the gen dial (refinished) arrived.
The overall look of the new Cartel 1675 is pretty good. But the Lego lume dial hurts my eyes and I don't trust these clone movements.
So I was looking for a good dial to put in and got lucky with a refinished dial via the bay.
Next already on its way are some inlays that I'm going to age once arrived and a rafflestime sub case back.
I guess I'm going to keep the plexi and the hands but they will be relumed to match the dial.
For the case I'm going to discuss with Domi what is possible. I'd like to have the case being slightly slimmer and the crown guards have to be reshaped and gen spec drilled lugs of course. I don't do anything to the crown...I don't like the look of a small gen crown sitting "loose" in between its CGs...looks way better (in my eyes) with the rep crown.
The movement will be changed with a swiss 2893. I don't care if the sweep is correct...my main concern is the realibility and I had too many problems with the asian GMT module in the past.
I'm not sure if I have to change the bezel assembly. It's working fine and looks decent enough to my eyes (which aren't the best lately I have to admit :D ).

20161027_102740umpd2.jpg
20161027_102831sfpf1.jpg
img_03695dppj.jpg
20161027_1033027aqqs.jpg
20161027_1033334sobh.jpg

What you guys say, especially about the bezel assembly?

Edited by docthor

I'm with you on the rep crown... I think you can get that nice refinished dial in place and nice lightly faded inlay in place ... Thin the case is a must.... And shape the CGs some....You be in like flin! The bezel looks decent for the most part.... You can always change it down the road if it starts bothering you... So far off to a good start!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Many thanks for your thoughts :)

A few month ago I had a 1675 from Domi in hands with a nice slimmed case so I know he can do and it's going to be very nice :)

I just don't know if it can be done with my desired setup (with eta 2893)...with a little luck I can find a timeslot next week to visit Domi :)

Dial looks good, mine arrived today- also from the bay.

The bezel should be changed to one from Gary, some polishing and you're done.

When u use clarks bezel assembly, you also don't need the crystal gasket anymore- 'cause it's gen spec.

As the others said, case needs to get slimmed. I'll post a few shots later when i'm home of my case.

Would love to see the final build.

Cheers
Phil

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk