When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I can't believe I'm saying this

Nanuq

You guys probably know I've sworn on my dog's eyes that I'd never wear a (puke) Panerai. Horrible things.

While we were on the Isle of Man, Andy tossed around a whole boatload of Panerai watches and the buggers got under my skin. Or maybe it was the heady atmosphere of beautiful women and long days and no sleep?

Regardless, I found myself glancing at them more and more. Yes dammit, I heard their Siren Song.

And now I've got one of Andy's fine pieces (actually his BEST piece) on my wrist, and here I am... popping my cherry with my first EVER wristie of me and a Pam. I've got to say gents... this is a darn fine piece. THERE I SAID IT!!

:tu:

27b621c5e12809d9f6d364d2f80de661.jpg

• Like 3

I dunno Legend, maybe it's because these things are big enough to choke a camel?  Or the enormous baffling array of apparently unrelated numbers used to define what appear to be identical watches?  You got your 018s and 178s and 104s and 604s and 309s and 409s and 427s and Hemis and ... wait now I'm talking about engines.  Are these numbers based on any sort of meaningful sequence, or did they just attend a couple Bingo nights and record the winners?

Let's just say THIS particular watch, right here on MY wrist, is pretty nice.  The others?  I'll withhold judgement (and commentary!) for now.

:tu:

• Like 1

I was the same mate, never looked at a Panerai twice, that was until I spotted one on a bracelet, being a bracelet kind of guy, I thought I would try it out.  Long story short, I loved it, and now have four PAM's, all on bracelets :)

• Like 2

The factory released a "Firenze" model 604 (named after Florence) and produced 99 hand engraved examples. Original price was 17,000 euro. So yeah... I won't be wearing this around anyone who knows anything about Panerai!

• Like 1

I feel your pain, brother.  The agony of abandoning a long-held belief, only to be assaulted by the joy of new discovery.

Does RWG have a Paneristas Anonymous chapter??  :g:

12 hours ago, Nanuq said:

Nope you're wrong JoeyB, I just counted... one, and two.  :tu:

Did I mean 'seconds' hand? :scratch:

The closest I've come to a Pam was trying to build a 6154 in a 40mm case. But I couldn't get the case shape right. The tooling on yours is quite beautiful. 

Rats! I'm looking for the original engraved buckle and Watchstation has them but I don't want to deal with WU or bank transfer.

Anyone have one of these buckles for me to complete the look?

30 minutes ago, Nanuq said:

Rats! I'm looking for the original engraved buckle and Watchstation has them but I don't want to deal with WU or bank transfer.

Anyone have one of these buckles for me to complete the look?

Here you go, http://www.aliexpress.com/store/916501

Let's mourn our "loss" together! :)