When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I can't believe I'm saying this

Nanuq

OK that makes sense, I can correlate much of this with Rolex builds.

Recall I have a 6497 in there now, is there a chance those hands will work on the Moly 3602?  Or can they be broached or staked to work?

I'm assuming dial dots are what everyone uses to stick dials to these movements?

I saw a writeup where someone turned 6497 stems into Moly stems with careful measuring and a flat file.

You know, what we really need here at good old RWG is a step by step Pam build (hint hint hint).

Just imagine.... "I really wanted a 2533 so I decided to build one.  Here's my thinking, the choices I had to make, photos of the parts, photos of the assembly, problems I overcame, lessons learned, and the glorious result."

Someone that did the very first Pam tutorial build at RWG would be... dare I say it... infamous.

(hint hint hint)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Nanuq said:

OK that makes sense, I can correlate much of this with Rolex builds.

Recall I have a 6497 in there now, is there a chance those hands will work on the Moly 3602?  Or can they be broached or staked to work?

You will need Molly hands. There might also be a guide to convert to Molly hands somewhere.

I'm assuming dial dots are what everyone uses to stick dials to these movements?

Yes, dial dots work well. Be careful not to stick them on the lume or you might pull apart the lume when removing the dial later on. You can use a backplate too if you want, but that adds to the thickness of the dial.

I saw a writeup where someone turned 6497 stems into Moly stems with careful measuring and a flat file.

It is do-able but I have never converted the stem.

You know, what we really need here at good old RWG is a step by step Pam build (hint hint hint).

You might be the perfect person for the job  ;-) You learn from trial and error. and practice.

Just imagine.... "I really wanted a 2533 so I decided to build one.  Here's my thinking, the choices I had to make, photos of the parts, photos of the assembly, problems I overcame, lessons learned, and the glorious result."

Someone that did the very first Pam tutorial build at RWG would be... dare I say it... infamous.

(hint hint hint)

You will need Molly hands.

• 5 weeks later...