When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

GMT2 116710ln Franken on a budget.

danza1812

Good evening. 

I managed to het get hold of some gen Rolex parts and want to build a Franken gmt. 

I've got;

gen bezel

gen dial

tc dwo

gen crystal with Lec and ar date bubble. 

So im thinking all I need is a donor v2 onwards gmt2 116710? 

I read a rumour of a new chs version being released by noob factory, any updated word on this? 

Im really trying to keep costs down as I got a deal on the gen parts and a Franken of this standard for under £800 all In would be a great achievement for me and a good compliment to my gen Rolex sub. 

Thats a good deal, if u can find a chs 2836 from the earlier explorer 2 builds that would be good or u can yuik3185 and have a gen spec 

I looked for three years trying to find one of the older CHS movements . Never found one so I bit the bullet and got misiekped to modify a yuki movement. Considerably more money, but you can use a gen DW, gen hands and everything works just like the genuine 116710. Of course what you can do is build it with the IHS movement and later if you find a CHS 2836 or decide you want the yuki, it's just a movement swap and in the meantime you can enjoy your watch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, altesporsche said:

or if you want to give up on it.. I will buy the dial and bezel lol   I just bought a 3185 for one of these projects :) 

Ha ha. I'm pretty frustrated at waiting for a used noob v2 to appear in the sales sections so you never know I could be tempted to jack this project in at some point! I know maybe I should just order from a td but seems a shame to spend so much as most of the parts will be replaced. 

Edited by danza1812

I get what what you are saying about the new model but I worry they will mess it up and I'll put a £$€ of gen parts onto a movement that could be a ticking time bomb!! 
So undecided! 

You can mod it, wear it and should the movement break, replace it with the yuki 3135. From what I have read, the newer CHS movements are a lot better than the first ones that came out. Another thought to complicate things even further, the yuki 3135, even with all the gen parts, still has some weaknesses. It is not as robust as a gen 3135. The biggest advantages are the ability to accept gen DW and hands. With a gen dial, DW,hands, crystal,bezel, insert and crown, it's A REALLY "believable watch. Should be as everything you see from the front is gen!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just went to puretimes website and had a look at the new CHS GMT. Looks pretty nice. I'm wondering if the movement is the same one that yuki sells and has been modified to a GMT? There is no price on the website as of now, so no telling what it will sell for. Since pretty much the same watch is selling for over 400 USD with the ICHS A2836 movement, I wouldn't be surprised to see this one at around 600 USD. I expect the price will be up soon.