When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Let's make - Amer.. sorry - the SELs great again!

hologramet

Sorry Trump-voting Americans. You just elected Ronald Reagan again. This time with a toupé older than his wife, reality-TV instead of Hollywood, and narcissistic/megalomanic personality disorder. IQ. But who are we kidding. Modern democracy is only about believing you actually make a difference, when it's still Status-quo no matter which puppet gets elected.

sels.jpg

Consider this more a proof of concept than a straight up guide.

I was one of the guys truly [censored] when I received my Noob v7 no-date Sub. The SELs were once again just as horrible as the Noob v3 I bought >2 years ago.

Having a NOS LF Sub-C bracelet incoming, and 2 more bracelets in stock... Why not experiment a bit.

With the aid of abrasive pads, papers, diamond files, and a dremel armed with dentist-grade polish tips... I went to work. 20 hours later... (and still not 100% done) i present to you:

DSC_0180.JPGDSC_0182.JPGDSC_0181.JPGDSC_0183.JPGDSC_0184.JPG

Basically what you want to do is:

The blue part = avoid removing, otherwise you will lose the upper "limit" that is adhered to the lower part of the bezel and your bracelet will jiggle vertically

The green part = remove little, creating a pleasant curve with the rest...

The yellow part = remove a lot

The red part = remove almost everything... until you fear the metal tolerance to the springbar "tube" will crack on ya

DSC_0188.JPG

The thick one is an umodded Noob v3 SEL (basically identical to v7)

DSC_0185.JPGDSC_0187.JPGDSC_0189.JPG

This is how you create jobs.... Now get to work! :)

• Like 1

Oufff...

Well I won't edit it, because I won't hide what I wrote... but not even in the spirit of humor? I mean it's a play on his slogan. And I question his ability to be president since he is neither a good actor or a good businessman. And then I conclude that politics is not about democracy nowadays, it's about media coverage. Neither in America, Sweden nor any other country I have visited (or have friends in) have elections been about presenting policy, plans or anything similar. It's always about controlling the media coverage through advertisments, "hidden" bought advertisment through different tv-shows or about creating media buzz through controversy. There is no bad publicity seems to often be the case (unless the politician crosses the line sexually through pedophilia, or in most countries through homosexuality and/or infidelity).

I hope my remark and play on his advertisment didn't anger anyone, if so, I am willing to take consequences and apologize to anyone offended.

• 2 weeks later...

I think negiative political messages should no place on RWG! Considering the election is now past,we should give the winner our support as he may well have very positive impact on our wonderful country!

let's stay focused on the magic of Daytonas, Subs, etc....

regards, mcotter

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/11/2016 at 4:15 PM, hologramet said:

Oufff...

Well I won't edit it, because I won't hide what I wrote... but not even in the spirit of humor? I mean it's a play on his slogan. And I question his ability to be president since he is neither a good actor or a good businessman. And then I conclude that politics is not about democracy nowadays, it's about media coverage. Neither in America, Sweden nor any other country I have visited (or have friends in) have elections been about presenting policy, plans or anything similar. It's always about controlling the media coverage through advertisments, "hidden" bought advertisment through different tv-shows or about creating media buzz through controversy. There is no bad publicity seems to often be the case (unless the politician crosses the line sexually through pedophilia, or in most countries through homosexuality and/or infidelity).

I hope my remark and play on his advertisment didn't anger anyone, if so, I am willing to take consequences and apologize to anyone offended.

It was just a joke and all good. 

Humor and good intentions are always welcome here and you showed both. :)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Legend said:

It was just a joke and all good. 

Humor and good intentions are always welcome here and you showed both. :)

Great! 

Sometimes beauty and humor, is in the eye (read: mind) of the beholder. 

As long as it's just a joke, it's just a joke... 

Merry Christmas everyone! No inspired examples to show guys?