When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

STAR TIME Aftermarket Rolex crystal?

indywatchguy

The first link is for the standard Rolex sapphire crystal- aftermarket, of course. So yes we've all heard of them, what's your next question?

Are they any good? Member claimed them to be good as gen. Are they better than Clark? I've just never heard any members raving about them so I question how good they are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lastly would they be better than a TC crystal? I looking to install one or gen on my TC V7.

"S" you know the answer my friend. Maybe be better than Clarks but no not gen , gen is gen is gen , said it many times...............

PS you coming up north this year usual place!:drinks:

True that! Supposedly Rolex does not make their own crystals but outsource them from a company called Stettler.

Doesn't look like I'll make it this year my friend

http://www.stettlersapphire.ch/index.php/en/produkte-2/produkte-uhrenindustrie

The Rolex 295 C crystal has a unique side profile. The Clark's crystal that I got had a flat edge, but it worked fine on my MBW 16610 with gen like construction.

I don't know about the Startime crystal, but looking at the enlarged picture, it may have the correct side profile. For $30, it's not much of a gamble to try one out. Cousinsuk has the correct crystal, you might check it out. I got a 295c from mymanmatt and it had the correct profile, but it came with a watch case that I was buying from him.

If Stettler make crystals for Rolex, they probably wouldn't sell to you directly- I'd figure that they have an exclusive relationship with Rolex.

• Like 1

'If Stettler make crystals for Rolex, they probably wouldn't sell to you directly- I'd figure that they have an exclusive relationship with Rolex."

Stettler might also sell aftmkt generic crystals that are sold under other brands as some aftmkt sapphire crystals are 'swiss made'.  I doubt there are many outfits making them in swissland because of the startup cost.  It may be like the mainspring maker 'Generale Ressorts'...they make almost all of the 'swiss made' mainsprings, rolex included. 

http://www.ofrei.com/page1721.html

• Like 1