When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

1680 Red Sub Crystal - smashed and broken...

LeSentier

Gentlemen,

I am asking for your support. I own a 1680 Sub, unfortunately smashed it and the Plexi broke. My watchsmith cannot source the X-tal, so I am in need of your help to point me in the right direction.

I am not sure, but I think it's an old MBW Sub I purchased years ago...between the lugs it reads "Orig.Polex Design", engraving inside caseback states the famous "Gelena Shitinerand" ?

Can someone pls take a look at the pics, and tell me type and source of crystal, and also a new pearl would be nice...

Thanks a lot in advance?!

J

IMG_2799.JPG

IMG_2800.JPG

IMG_2801.JPG

IMG_2802.JPG

IMG_2803.JPG

IMG_2804.JPG

IMG_2805.JPG

IMG_2806.JPG

I'm thinking that is Paul's Red Sub from many years ago. Those aren't MBW crown guards and that silver date wheel looks familiar.

A t127 should be close; take ID and OD measurements and check the G&S and Sternkreuz catalogs.

looks like MBW to me

It's very close, I'm seeing some detail differences when you look really close but that could be between MBK and MBW too.

Regardless, a gen spec T127 should fit, I put gen crystals on my MBW and they fit perfect.