When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

QC Pics - AP Forum?

Grillparzer

All,
since I am undecided and a noob regarding AP, may I post some QC pics here and ask for your help? If not, where are QC Pics normally posted?

Thanks, GP

No where, unless you already bought the watch or you have a specific concern regarding especific details of the QCs (after much reading around , knowing which is the best version of a particular model, what to look for, etc)

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

21 minutes ago, jonathanw said:

No where, unless you already bought the watch or you have a specific concern regarding especific details of the QCs (after much reading around , knowing which is the best version of a particular model, what to look for, etc)

What are you talking about? 

What are you talking about? 

You asked were is the place to post QC pics, I responded to you. It's not an allowed practice on rwi to post QCs just for others to "see if there's something wrong" you can only post after you bought the watch and/or for specific details (like a date wheel being displaced for example) not for general advice about what to buy .

Thank you. But this is RWG, not RWI, and maybe I overread that it is not allowed here. I think no one would receive QC Pics unless one already purchased and paid a watch, so question is legit.

I just wanted to know if there is a section usually pics are posted, BEFORE you approve the TD and AFTER you ordered.

Sometimes pics pop up around the forum, according to the rules I just asked BEFORE posting them.

Thank you very much in advance, cheers, K

For clarity this is RWG.cc!

You may post QC photos. However please don't just post them and ask "is this version any good" etc.

As Mike has already stated, do your homework first about which model/factory/version you're buying.

TD's will not run.  Backwards and forwards rejecting/changing a watch because you didn't know which version you want. Remember, reps have flaws and if the version you're buying has a known flaw (e.g. wrong date font) you're not going to be able to reject it on that premises.

Personally, I'd post them in the relevant section, i.e. Rolex, AP, Tag etc asking if there is anything specific that is wrong and wait for a reply. 

• Like 2

Second what kernow said. We are more than happy to help, and as I posted in your question on the general discussion forum, we have a very well qualified group of AP experts here. However as kernow said, you need to read, research and then make your decision based on known facts. Every rep has faults, some more than others. What you need to determine before you buy is what faults you can live with and which ones are a deal breaker for you. If a date font which is probably not noticeable from 3 feet away will drive you crazy every time you look at your watch, then you need to stay away from that flaw, although I would say, if you are anal to the point that any little deviation from  the genuine is going to upset you, then most likely reps are not for you.

What most folks want to know when they post QC photos is whether or not the watch in question has problems outside of the known flaws. Things like misaligned bezels, rotated dials, DW not in register, bezel screws not aligned, caseback screws with "boogered up" slots are flaws that are due to manufacturing/assembly errors and are valid reasons for asking for another watch. Better to get it right before shipping as it's always a problem shipping back a watch to a dealer. You wait weeks and you are exposed to customs multiple times as well. 

• Like 1

Thanks - I rejected a watch multiple times due to crooked markers - just wanted to know if I can post pics of that specific watch here. Done my home work 6 yrs ago when I registered here, read tons of content, but not an active poster though. 

Will post the next QC pics here asking for some additional eyes...

Best, GP