When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Scammer alert: Beware of an recalcitrant scammer

Legend

Guys, 

Please be careful of a scammer who would sell and vanish. He has done this twice already and going by precedent, there would be a third time. 

The guy would claim to be shipping out of UK, but we believe him to be based in Iceland or some other place in Europe and using servers out of Iceland. Typically he would collect payment for watches, sometimes to multiple members, and then vanish, and delete his sales thread.

Be on lookout for new members with very little post counts, (even if he has a VIP status), a very recent join date, and claims to be shipping out of UK (this could change of course, but UK is a convenient choice to scam EU buyers).

I would like to commend member @d4v3 for sending me a PM on a seller who turned out to be a scammer. I could not do anything at the point of the PM then, as seller has done technically nothing wrong. But his fears have founded to be true. So thank you d4v3. Your observation and warning in this matter is very well appreciated.  

• Like 4

+1 for what Legend said. Additionally, for new sellers only send money PayPal goods and services - NEVER send friends and family/gift. If a seller insists on this then pay the fees yourself or avoid the sale and let a mod know that this is happening. 

When I first joined the forum I was victim of a scam but recovered all my money as I'd not sent it gift. Be warned. 

Guys I could pull threads out on this by me going back far ....... no gift except to your friends and then I just eat the free most of the time anyway I just do not use gift, in some countries you can't FYI. So be careful, think about it Reppin went bad on us I have known him as a stand up member for many years . :cry2:

Now for the flip side and it has happened, guy gets watch you are selling files PP gets watch and money........... Now you have to ask yourself do you really need to sell the watch to that guy or wait for another you are more comfortable with.

This all being said there is always a chance of things going wrong , it is a chance we take in this game.

• Like 1

I always send payment to people I've not dealt with before in the usual way....never by gift as it leaves the door open to be scammed, the amount of money doesn't matter it's the best way to pay, if and when your comfortable to send by gift it should only be to people your happy to deal with and done so before.

Fucking hate scammers ..............but let's not help them :fool: