When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is this NASA pilot wearing a watch from the future ?!?

Accutronitis

Well NO, This nasa photo bobbee the troll is saying is some kind of proof has a very simple answer.....

1962_october_Astro.jpg

That watch is a 1963 Astronaut that he bought in 1962 and no time machine is needed because Bulova was just like any other watch company so anyone could buy next years model before the end of the year of course !

There are NO pictures of a 1962 (M2) Astronaut watch with a dial with the dots between the hour markers and this photo is no exception because the date code can not be seen on the watch he is wearing so it proves nothing other than he is sporting next years model, Good for him !

That photo is nothing more than someone wearing next years (1963) model as shown in this 1963 Bulova ad...

8.jpg

The watch that John McKay is sporting (a M3) didn't appear in Bulova ads until 1963, FACT !

Here is what a 1962 Accutron Astronaut looked like as shown in this 1962 Accutron sales cards that were only given to Bulova dealers.....

CCI01282016_0000_zps4addea4e.jpg

100_4020_zps84f4eb92.jpg

1.jpg

Here is more Bulova advertising dated 1962 which also shows a watch that was a new model for 1962 the "Spaceview "B" yellow dot M2....

2.jpg

And here in a Bulova brochure dated 1962....

Brochure2_zpsf470e2ed.jpg

Or here is a Bulova X-15 ad in Flying Magazine dated Nov 1962......

member54386-albums1714-84314.jpg

Or this Bulova ad from Popular Boating Aug 1962......

3.jpg

I think this will clear up any misinformation about the first all stainless steel Accutron Astronaut the M2 anyone might have come across. 

• 2 weeks later...

I believe you were told unequivocally to stay out of my threads by the admin here ?

The burden of proof is on you to show it is a 1962 Astronaut with a M2 date code, Not for me to prove it's not because by all outward appearances it is a 1963 Astronaut watch !

Plus by any and all Bulova documentation which includes adverts the watch he is wearing is a 1963 Astronaut and nothing exists to suggest otherwise......

The first time a Astronaut watch with a "Standard" dial appeared in a Bulova advert was in this September 1963 magazine ad......

8.jpg

Edited by Accutronitis

I've seen my fair share of 1962 Astronaut watches and not one of them ever had a "Standard" dial, And at the same time I've seen a ton of Astronaut watches with a "Standard" dial and everyone of them have had a date code of 1963 or higher Sooooo........

The burden of proof is sits squarely on you to prove that what you are suggesting has any credibility or is even possible because with all the evidence that currently exists there is nothing to suggest that watch is anything but a 1963 Astronaut......    

Guest FakeFinder

So you are now saying it is a watch with a 1963 date code, on a watch in a 1962 photograph.

I am pretty sure you are wrong on that. You can have a 1962 date code on a watch sold in 1963, but not the other way around.

20 minutes ago, FakeFinder said:

So you are now saying it is a watch with a 1963 date code, on a watch in a 1962 photograph.

I am pretty sure you are wrong on that. You can have a 1962 date code on a watch sold in 1963, but not the other way around.

Nonsense, You most certainly could buy next years model if it was towards the end of the year and you knew the best dealers !

And I've always said it's a 1963 Astronaut with a M3 date code ? 

I say that because I looked at it and without a doubt it's a 1963 Astronaut......

Edited by Accutronitis

Guest FakeFinder
3 hours ago, Accutronitis said:

Nonsense, You most certainly could buy next years model if it was towards the end of the year and you knew the best dealers !

I am sorry, but that is pure fantasy. You appear to have no proof of your theory only conjecture, so I will refrain from posting on this  thread again.

Just now, FakeFinder said:

I am sorry, but that is pure fantasy. You appear to have no proof of your theory only conjecture, so I will refrain from posting on this  thread again.

I'm the only one here with ALL the proof (post #1) and you have nothing to show that watch is anything but a 1963 Astronaut ! Talk about theory and conjecture, Everybody and their horse knows you don't have to wait until the change of the new year to buy the new model, How do you not know that ?

Please keep your nonsense as well as yourself out of my threads, The admin warned you to stay out of my threads don't make me report you, Your nonsense is just a waste of my time.......  

Here go buy a 2017 model watch and them tell me it's "pure fantasy", What is wrong with you ?

Buy 2017 Model Wristwatches Today ! 

• 2 weeks later...

This New York Times article confirms what I've always knew to be true which is the fact that Bulova strongly courted test pilots like Mr John McKay, who were routinely given free Accutrons which I have no doubt were always the latest and greatest Bulova had to offer which accounts for why Mr McKay is seen wearing next years model of a 1963 Astronaut late in the year 1962 !

"At the dawn of the space age, the watch's association with test pilots, who were given free Accutrons, intrigued buyers. ''They did a great promotional job,'' said Daniel Nied, director of the School of Horology run by the National Association of Watch and Clock Collectors."

http://www.nytimes.com/2002/08/01/technology/for-collectors-a-race-for-a-space-age-heirloom.html

In that same New York Times article there was a interesting quote of Buzz Aldrin about the 60's Accutron technology.....

"The Accutron was used in the displays of devices that were more crucial than a wristwatch, he said. Astronauts essentially only wore watches as a backup for timers on the spacecraft"

Which is something I was told a very long time ago by someone who worked for NASA at that time.......