When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The 1962 All Stainless Steel Accutron Astronaut "X-15" !

Accutronitis

The first all stainless steel Accuton Astronaut, 1962 Bulova Accutron Astronaut "X-15" ! This rare Astronaut is all factory original with the exception of the crystal and the hand set which was replace with a factory original hand set P/N WS-25 which is the correct hand set for this model, The reason i call this watch the "X-15" is because of one of the ways it use advertised by Bulova in 1962 but more on that later, Let's take a look at the 1962 Astronaut....

100_4826.jpg
100_4825.jpg
100_4831.jpg
100_4833.jpg

More than a few people that are unfamiliar with this very rare model have tried to say that this watch "has the wrong hands" but that simply is incorrect as can be shown by the many Bulova adverts for 1962 which includes this Bulova factory sales card that was only given to authorized Bulova dealers....

bulova-accutron-astronaut-catalog.jpg
Regular%20Dial%20and%20Hands.jpg

And as this 1962 factory hand set list clearly show the white spade hand set on the list of the only hand sets for the Accutron 214 that were available in 1962 and frankly if the hand set isn't on this list then simple didn't exist !

White%20Spade.jpg
White%20Sweep%20Second%20Hand.jpg

The "white spade hand set" p/n WS-25 was almost certainly lifted from the Bulova Timer Labs aerospace clocks and timers which had been using the same part numbered hands for many years prior to their use for one year on the 1962 Accutron Astronaut...

WS-25%20White%20Spade%20Clock.jpg
ClockSwitch0.jpg
ClockHands.jpg

The white spade hand set was all set to be used on this Bulova prototype but it was never put into production.....

Factory%20White%20spade%20Hands%20Protot 

Here are some of the Bulova ads all dated to 1962, It's a fact that every Bulova factory picture that dates back to 1962 clearly shows the white spade hand set and one more distinguishing feature is the factory dial which only says "Accutron" on the dial and lacks the white "dots" between the hour marks and were only added after 1962....

Accutron%20X-15%20Astronaut%20Advert%20O
Overseas%20M2%20Zoom.jpg
Accutron%20X-15%20Astronaut%20Advert.jpg
Bulova%20Factory%20Astronaut%20M2.jpg
1962%20ad%20Popular%20Boating%20Aug_zps1
4_zps4cc24da9.jpg
5.jpg
2_zps6826fb74.jpg
Brochure2_zpsf470e2ed.jpg

Here is a more close up and detailed view of this 1962 Astronaut's movement, It's a 214HN with a date code of M2 (1962)....

214HM%20M2%20Movement.jpg
214HM%20M2.jpg

Now back to the "X-15" desigation i have personally given to this watch (Bulova never called this watch the "X-15") I call this the X-15 watch because of one of the ways Bulova advertised it back in 1962 and is shown in these 1962 date adverts....

1962%20ad%20X-15%20Flying%20Nov_zpse980b
9_zps7d1747a3.jpg
Accutron%20X-15%20Astronaut%20Advert%20O

And these 1962 Accutron Astronnaut can been fairly clear on the wrists of the X-15 pilots as seen in these pictures....

a2b_zps6831a451.jpg
a4_zps38d51596.jpg2_zps95b6def2.jpgNeal%20Armstrong%20X-15%20Astronaut%20Wa

Plus record-setting watch band can be seen in those pictures of the X-15 pilots and talked about in this newspaper article.....

ad0_zps5e791142.jpg

Edited by Accutronitis

5 minutes ago, FakeFinder said:

Sorry, watchtalkuniverse. Or bulovaaccutronforum.

Whatever, gone forever because of your harassment and breaking privacy laws.

More nonsense...... Mr "fakefinder" who lives in Spain (bobbee who lives in the UK) who follows me around like the troll you are.......

Edited by Accutronitis

Guest FakeFinder

Just letting folks know the real you.

Perhaps I could post links to the whole web page where you admit for the first time that you made up those hands yourself?

I like how you have changed your story about the hands in this thread, it is different to the original one on WTF or NAWCC, especially the thread you started on WTF about the hands, where you claimed they were completely original to the watch.

You even admitted it was a fake watch when you said "okay let's say I was duped and it is a fake".

Here is a grab (genuine like ALL of my screen grabs) of you admitting for the first time those hands were made up by you. You even try to cover by saying "you already knew". Well yes, I did already know they were fake, but up until this post below, you had always denied it.

!berreth admits he made the hands!.jpg

Just like I said, This is a personal vendetta of yours, Why else would you be following someone around doing what you do with all that it is that you do just trying as hard as you can to try and compromise integrity using all the means I've mentioned to accomplish your petty and self-serving goals if this was really just about a watch ?

As you've already admitted to you I've "poked the bear" over a year and a half ago and ever since you've been trying your best to make me pay, But unfortunately all your pettiness has accomplished is destroying any credibility you've ever had in the watch world, I sure hope it was worth it........   

29 minutes ago, FakeFinder said:

Just letting folks know the real you.

Perhaps I could post links to the whole web page where you admit for the first time that you made up those hands yourself?

I like how you have changed your story about the hands in this thread, it is different to the original one on WTF or NAWCC, especially the thread you started on WTF about the hands, where you claimed they were completely original to the watch.

You even admitted it was a fake watch when you said "okay let's say I was duped and it is a fake".

Here is a grab (genuine like ALL of my screen grabs) of you admitting for the first time those hands were made up by you. You even try to cover by saying "you already knew". Well yes, I did already know they were fake, but up until this post below, you had always denied it.

!berreth admits he made the hands!.jpg

Boy just look at you trying so hard to twist what I said into something anyone can see that it's not which is exactly why you've been banned at more sites more times than anyone could possible count, But you just never learn and undaunted you just make up a new name and push on, Your a real piece of work bobbee of that there is no doubt ! 

"You even admitted it was a fake watch when you said"

This is a perfect example of how you try to twist what I've said to fit your false narrative, Anyone and their horse can see that is what is called a hypothetical and it is in no way a admittance of anything, How does it not bother you how dishonest this sort of nonsense of your makes you look in the eyes of others, And the thing is this is not a once in a while kind of thing with you, It's a non-stop and all the time thing with you and there's no signs of you letting up with this sort of nonsense bobbee !  

Edited by Accutronitis

3 hours ago, docthor said:

I bet Accutronitis and Fakefinder are one person who is very very bored...Schizophrenia can be entertaining...at least you always have someone to talk :D

Sent from my wooden drums via Tupperware

Oh wow that's a first ! someone thinks I'm bobbee ? lol

You don't have to be so insulting as to call me bobbee ! ! lol

You're such a gentleman Legend... I told one of them in PM that we'll have none of this bickering here.

I also locked the other thread and said IT ENDS NOW.

FF and Accu ... read between the lines.  Take my advice.

Well you see guys fighting like children, boss, they need to pulled apart and I thought its best not to get into the fray and add OUR emotions, but just quieten them down with minimal drama. 

Following your example, I have locked up this thread too.