When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I just got a 1 WATT class 4 blue laser !

Accutronitis

17 minutes ago, ceejay said:

These 1 watt 445's are pretty long in the tooth these days, I was making my own pointers about 4-5 years back from these diodes harvested from Casio DLP projectors like this one...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gF4HG6v29UY

24 of them 1 watt 445's in that baby ;)

These days, 3.5 watt is doable from a single diode. Hobbyists like to mess around and combine 2 diodes for ~7watts 

I gave up on pointers and went the whole hog and built my own red/green/blue scanning projector doing graphics and beam shows using Pangolin software.

Lasers still fascinate me :) 

While burning stuff I noticed every once and a while the camera would get a bright narrow vertical line flash across the middle of the video, I'm assuming that without proper eye protection that was potentially dangerous reflected laser light hitting the camera lens ?

Edited by Accutronitis

Just now, Accutronitis said:

While burning stuff I noticed every once and a while the camera would get a bright narrow vertical line flash across the middle of the video, I'm assuming that without proper eye protection that was potentially dangerous reflected laser light hitting the camera lens ?

methinks you just need some common sense... AND SOME FCKN EYE PROTECTION!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought a new 1 Piece Laser Collimation Glass lens, The transparence ratio of the normal collimation lens of the market is around 70-80% due to the long focus distance. The one I just bought has a Transparence of 98% and it just cost $8 ! The original laser diode's light is difused a long focus lens will bring more power lost. The normal collimation lens's focus is 7-8mm but this lens' focus is around 2.357mm. So,the power lost will be the less and the beam effect is the best !

I love a good upgrade !

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by Accutronitis